First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Cool. I just ask Siri if necessary. :)
I am not on speaking terms with Siri or Alexa. Or that other horrible app my Samsung phone keeps asking me to set up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the honking doesn't do it for you? i always listen for the honk
I turned off the honk because I found it so annoying. It was on for quite a while when I first got the car, and you are correct, that was very helpful to know the car locked. But after I turned off the honk, the only way I could know is if PaaK remembered to send me an alert that the car was locked with "walk away lock". That message is not reliable, so I came up with this idea.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This seems very risky. Can't the government satellites look down and see those two lines? :p 🤣

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don’t have folding mirrors, so can’t do this. It’s not that hard to just lock in FP if you don’t remember.
I thought folding mirrors came on every trim level? Guess I was wrong.

Nice mod by the OP...me, I'm just an obsessive button pusher on the fob to hear the horn honk like 10 times in a parking lot.

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You drive your car on the beach?! 😲
I have seriously considered driving it on the beach, but really the car is too low and it would probably get stuck in the deeper sand. That picture is just an unpaved parking lot and road that is next to the water, so no worries about getting stuck there. It is packed hard.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
I want to be able to look at my car and easily tell that it is locked. I can easily tell from the rear, or front, by looking at the mirrors. But when looking at the side of the car from a distance away, it is very difficult to tell if the mirrors are folded or not.

Is my car locked?
Screenshot 2022-12-27 201332.jpg

In that picture, the car is locked. But can you tell? I am not sure.

So I had an idea...

I thought about putting a pin stripe in the hidden part of the mirror that would only be visible when folded. But one would not be obvious enough, so I added two in parallel:

?hash=d194ec61bce7d370dd36e57c9345c0b3.jpg

52589561497_c43f4c12fa_o.jpg

So now I can easily tell if my car is locked by looking at the mirrors.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 201945.jpg

Super easy mod! So useful!

52590476175_b6fdbf24ff_o.jpg
Great hack and The Salt Life OBX!

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
That is brilliant! My only problem is that at work I walk away and turn to see the rear of the car. Wonder if there’d be an easy way to replicate this in that direction. I suspect now — still, love the ingenuity here!
you could park facing the opposite direction

Shaka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME GTPE
Country flag
you could park facing the opposite direction
Not without potentially scratching the paint. You see, there is a charger at my office. But the parking spaces run parallel to the wall. So you have to park with the side of your vehicle facing the wall. Our charge port is of course on the driver side, which means my car faces away from the door I have to enter further down that same wall.

Technically the cables are probably long enough to reach the charge port, but not likely under the bumper. Meaning the cable would have to run across the hood, and sit on the paint. I’d prefer to avoid that. 😜

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
Not without potentially scratching the paint. You see, there is a charger at my office. But the parking spaces run parallel to the wall. So you have to park with the side of your vehicle facing the wall. Our charge port is of course on the driver side, which means my car faces away from the door I have to enter further down that same wall.

Technically the cables are probably long enough to reach the charge port, but not likely under the bumper. Meaning the cable would have to run across the hood, and sit on the paint. I’d prefer to avoid that. 😜
Ahhh makes sense

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have seriously considered driving it on the beach, but really the car is too low and it would probably get stuck in the deeper sand. That picture is just an unpaved parking lot and road that is next to the water, so no worries about getting stuck there. It is packed hard.
I used to have a house near Daytona Beach. The only cars I would ever dream of exposing to all that salt and sand were rental cars 😀

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I used to have a house near Daytona Beach. The only cars I would ever dream of exposing to all that salt and sand were rental cars 😀
The conditions are harsh, but I love driving my car and want to take it everywhere I go. I just have to convince my wife. She thinks her car is more comfortable and has more room. Silly wife.
Sponsored