Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Development
Country flag
You also have an 8 yr 100k warranty on the battery. 75,000 miles to go before having to worry about replacing the battery.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
The local dealership (Subaru!) has a lovely 2021 Grabber Blue GT that was I eyeballing and they just dropped the price on it. It's got 25k on it, which doesn't bother me because it looks practically new. But what I noticed that has me a bit nervous is the photo that they posted:

1682559432436.png

If this is figuring that with battery at 100% it only has a 218 mile range, is this a red flag that the battery is deteriorating quickly? I know it was originally from Colorado, so it has been through a couple winters there and I'm in ND, which is obviously cold (although I would keep it plugged in in a heated garage at home and plugged in outside at work). How often does it recalculate this figure based on driving? Possibly if it was just getting test driven regularly maybe it was getting driven hard? I know when I test drove it, it was not at 100%, but the GOM went down about 30 miles for the 15 miles I drove it. It was probably around 25-30*F when I tested it but it had been charging inside. If we are supposed to generally only charge to 80%, that would mean that the car has a typical range of about 175 miles.

I know that we don't know the driving history of this calculation and we don't know the temp, etc etc etc....but I am just wondering if seeing this type of range is "normal" or common or if should be suspect and verify that it does not look like that when I check it in person again. What kind of range do common people see when charged to 100%?

Thanks!
On my standard battery here in SoCal I've been getting 237 at 100% on my standard sized battery. Weather's been in the 70s. So, in a colder environment I'd expect less. I wouldn't worry about it