Keyless entry car burglary for 2nd time since 8th April

GRAS-E

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium X RWD 2024
Last Saturday they were in my Mach-E again, 2nd time in 4 weeks, by keyless entry. The dealership says criminals are smarter than us, my car insurance says if they did not damage anything, don't call us. Is there anything I can do except removing personal stuff and keep the car empty and clean? Yes, the sunglasses, jacket and Stanley cup are losses, but the fact they can do this also reduces my fun and safety feeling.
Sponsored

User100723

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Sorry to hear… maybe see if the dealer can deprogram your original fobs, and have them program in a new set of frunk-button fobs, and always keep those in faraday pouches?

A real shame you have jerks like these with no respect for hard-earned property. Glad to hear though at least they didn’t do much damage, let alone run off with your car.

OP
OP
GRAS-E

GRAS-E

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to hear… maybe see if the dealer can deprogram your original fobs, and have them program in a new set of frunk-button fobs, and always keep those in faraday pouches?

A real shame you have jerks like these with no respect for hard-earned property. Glad to hear though at least they didn’t do much damage, let alone run off with your car.
i bought those pouches for my keys now, so that they are harder to jack, atleast it does give me a feeling I tried everything to prevent and not being ignorant

User100723

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
i bought those pouches for my keys now, so that they are harder to jack, atleast it does give me a feeling I tried everything to prevent and not being ignorant
But are you sure they don’t already have your fob signal copied for their own use? Cause if they do, I’d try looking into deprogramming those fobs whose signals they copied and replacing them with a brand new set that they haven’t copied. If that’s even possible or a thing.

OP
OP
GRAS-E

GRAS-E

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
But are you sure they don’t already have your fob signal copied for their own use? Cause if they do, I’d try looking into deprogramming those fobs whose signals they copied and replacing them with a brand new set that they haven’t copied. If that’s even possible or a thing.
That is something I will ask the dealership. Thank you for the advice.

OP
OP
GRAS-E

GRAS-E

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I store my keys in a faraday box and use paak exclusively. I don’t believe they can use the same technique with Bluetooth.
I expect my faraday box tomorrow, two pouches included. Thank you.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Your profile says "Netherlands", but it sounds like you live on the South Side of Chicago. Maybe a well placed outdoor Camera may come in useful. You never know if it's the teenager next door or a real criminal. Hard to sleep at night if that is happening.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Bring both keys to your dealership and they can delete them and then reprogram them. All fobs are deleted during this process. Otherwise you would have to replace the BCM which would also change your door code.