Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
That is a good point about XM being on the sticker.

The important differences being-

1. I paid $1900 for a line item “Bluecruise”

and

2. Neither on the sticker, nor in the order guide does it mention “3 years“ except in reference to Navigation.
IMG_8488.jpeg

IMG_8463.png
That's fair..... I would say paying extra for it does put it in a different category than the included Sirius/XM.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
With Adaptive Cruise off, Lane Assist is still on but it is much weaker than when cruise is on. It will not keep you centered. It will nudge you back into the lane if you stray too close to the edge of the lane. I think it will also buzz the steering wheel but I hate that feature and have it turned off.
The weaker version is called Lane Keep Assist. The stronger version only available with cruise control is called Lane Centering.

Lot of confusing terminology, and that’s where I hope most of this confusion stems from.

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think of it as features that improve safety verses features that are nice to have. Adaptive cruise control has been a safety feature on most new cars for several years. Lane assist is also a safety feature. Reading speed limit signs and adjusting speed accordantly could be argued either way so I doubt Ford would disable this feature. Hands free driving is definitely a nice to have and I don't think improves safety at all.

Cuddlecool

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
Agree, but that was my other thread discussing this exact point-

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/3-yrs-of-bluecruise-on-window-sticker.28138/

This wouldn’t be so complicated if Ford didn’t make all the naming so confusing and if they told us these things UP FRONT and quit changing them.

Reminds me of a story I had a manager tell me years ago about his customer experience story before work that day. It stuck with me.

He went to the Burger King drive through for breakfast. Ordered pancakes. Drove up, paid, got the pancakes, looked in the bag- no syrup.

He asked for syrup and they said “sorry we are out.”

Had they told him they were out of syrup when he ordered, no big deal. But now he already paid, got the pancakes and it’s too late to do anything.

People don’t like surprises. Even if it’s bad news, tell us up front!!
I had a similar experience at lunch recently. It was at a casual French cafe (la Madeleine) in Austin, where you place your order at the front counter, they give you a number, and they bring the food to your table when it's ready. My companion and I both ordered French dips. We sat down and waited about 15 minutes. When the sever brought our sandwiches and set them on the table he said, "Oh, by the way, we're out of a jus. I hope you don't mind." Dude, seriously?! A French dip without the dip is ... a roast beef sandwich. Duh! We DID mind, but it didn't matter. No apology. No visit from the manager on duty. No refund or free dessert. Further evidence the world is falling apart. 🙄

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I think of it as features that improve safety verses features that are nice to have. Adaptive cruise control has been a safety feature on most new cars for several years. Lane assist is also a safety feature. Reading speed limit signs and adjusting speed accordantly could be argued either way so I doubt Ford would disable this feature. Hands free driving is definitely a nice to have and I don't think improves safety at all.
I forgot to mention that Adaptive Cruise (not BC) on my car does read speed limit signs and will adjust the cruise speed if you have it enabled. But as has been discussed in another thread, speed limit sign reading is not reliable in many situations. So I have that turned off.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I had a similar experience at lunch recently. It was at a casual French cafe (la Madeleine) in Austin, where you place your order at the front counter, they give you a number, and they bring the food to your table when it's ready. My companion and I both ordered French dips. We sat down and waited about 15 minutes. When the sever brought our sandwiches and set them on the table he said, "Oh, by the way, we're out of a jus. I hope you don't mind." Dude, seriously?! A French dip without the dip is ... a roast beef sandwich. Duh! We DID mind, but it didn't matter. No apology. No visit from the manager on duty. No refund or free dessert. Further evidence the world is falling apart. 🙄
don’t forget to leave 25% tip when you paid at the counter.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
The weaker version is called Lane Keep Assist. The stronger version only available with cruise control is called Lane Centering.
And just to add: Lane Keep Assist kicks in (for me at least) automatically above 60kph. I know I'm speeding in a 50 kph zone because I see it come on :)
Sponsored