Jwolf91

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium AWD, 2023 Chevy Bolt EUV Premium
Country flag
Excited to drive this afternoon because first day above 50 degrees since buying car but got my first service alert. Got a “Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power” alert. Have made appointment for this week but worried the car will be unavailable for days? weeks? Longer?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Sometimes the car will throw an error and reset itself after being shut down for a while. Try leaving the car in”off” mode for half an hour or more then getting back in and starting it up. If the warning persists, it’s impossible to determine what the problem is from just the idiot light. If you have access to an OBD-II reader, pull the Diagnostic Test Codes (DTCs). That will help our forum members figure out what’s going on and how long it will take to fix. 😊🐩

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Agree with the vaunted HuntingPudel here. These cars are more computer than car. Sometimes boot ups don’t always work right. Sometimes you just have to turn it off and (with a delay) turn it back on again.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Excited to drive this afternoon because first day above 50 degrees since buying car but got my first service alert. Got a “Powertrain Malfunction / Reduced Power” alert. Have made appointment for this week but worried the car will be unavailable for days? weeks? Longer?
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored