Let's discuss what you see in the photos...

mdvolt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mdvolt.org
Vehicles
Fusion Energi; Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Just my comments/questions...

- Looks like no door handles (or at least no rear door handles - one photo has a bump on the passenger door which could be a reflection)
- There is an interesting camera and possibly something next to it, above the Pony logo... If there is a camera by the rear view mirror, what would this be used for
- It doesn't appear the Pony in the photo will light up - am I wrong, or is the white actually an LED and not a metal?
- Looks like an all glass roof - wonder if this is optional or only on certain models
- Charge rate is slow (compared to Tesla at least, but we need to see the entire bell curve)
- A plethora of 0-60 times and different models, all with optional AWD
- Sparse interior - I' very surprised at that - I like the screen by the steering wheel too
Sponsored

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag

- There is an interesting camera and possibly something next to it, above the Pony logo... If there is a camera by the rear view mirror, what would this be used for
- It doesn't appear the Pony in the photo will light up - am I wrong, or is the white actually an LED and not a metal?
- Looks like an all glass roof - wonder if this is optional or only on certain models
- Sparse interior - I' very surprised at that - I like the screen by the steering wheel too
The camera or sensor above the Pony logo is for Adaptive Cruise Control and Emergency Braking I suspect. The one near the rear view mirror is most likely for lane keeping as that's where it is on my 2019 Ford Escape and Honda Clarity PHEV.

The lighted Pony is either an option OR does not exist expect for advertising. An aftermarket vendor will probably jump on that. They have them for Mustangs (both front and back).

I believe the panoramic roof was mentioned on the pulled web page. Most definitely an option for high trim levels. To get the roof on the 2019 Escape I leased, I had to go with the higher SEL trim over the SE trim I had on the 2017. Maybe standard for the California Route 1?

The Sync 4 infotainment system is going to eliminate a lot of buttons and such a la Tesla 3/Y.

BTW, I like they kept the info screen for the driver. I would miss it.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

- Looks like no door handles (or at least no rear door handles - one photo has a bump on the passenger door which could be a reflection)
- Charge rate is slow (compared to Tesla at least, but we need to see the entire bell curve)
- A plethora of 0-60 times and different models, all with optional AWD

The features page mentions a side-door E-Latch. Makes me think there will not be a handle. I mentioned this in another thread, but it concerns me that its called a side door versus a rear door. In the images posted on the website leak, I can make out a rear door on the right side, but struggle to see it on the left. I wonder if this, combined with the fact they refer to it as a side door, means it could be a 3 door instead of a 4 door option.

Options include Co-Pilot Assist 2.0, Active Park Assist 2.0, and a 360 camera. I imagine the cameras contribute to those systems.

I don't see anything on the options list about the light up logo (unless its not considered a "feature")

The glass roof is unavailable on the select trim, standard on the California Rt 1, Premium, and First Edition trims, and is optional on the GT trim.

What are the charge rates for the Tesla? I thought it was comparable. At least the at-home charge rates are.

I wonder if they are going for the minimalistic interior like Tesla. It's a bummer that options like leather seats and ventilated seats are unavailable. No heads up display either.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Having had a chance to have a proper look at the photos, you can see both rear doors but the rear shots are not the best angles then again the more I look at the back the fugler it becomes, will have to see it in the flesh.

As most of the photos are at angles doing there best to hide the proportions it may not exactly be a looker the original internet rumors had it as a replacement for the c-max and it was only after fields departure that it got the exterior mustang inspired make over which goes a long way to explaining why it is not as well resolved a design like the i-pace.

There is a small notch near the b-pillar which I assume is the e-latch so it at least doesn't look like the goofy put the handle in the wrong place e-latch you get on the Lincoln models so that is nice.

Interior wise, the lack of hvac bard buttons is always a negative for me, but knew that was coming from when they Revealed Sync 4, which also only had a heated seat icon no ventilated seats which is a very poor at the price point seeing as you can get that on the electric kona :(.

I also do not see any mention of interior ambient lighting but have to assume ford would not be stupid enough to drop that as it is simple to add and elevates the feel of cabin at nighttime.

There is also what I assume is the power button so I hope you get a normal ford keyless key. One of the big negatives so far with the polestar 2 reveal was the phone as key, am I supposed to just give my phone to valet then lol. I know the model 3 has the key card so expect the polestar 2 to have similar but having used one it is rubbish compared to standard keyless

The phone as key is a nice optional extra but some people have to use a work provided phone due to security during the week so it would be nice just to have a normal key rather than faffing around with key cards during the week, while using the phone on the weekend.

The overall design of the interior I like, will need to have a look at an exisiting active-x equipped vehicle at the dealer to gauge the quality of the fake leather, would have preferred if the had gone down the high tech cloth route instead, which gives the polestar 2 interior the edge on that front. The main thing is I get a dash in front of me unlike the model 3 so the lack of hud is probably not an issue.

I don't see any parking senors or any head lamp washers, I was hoping for the USA version to get a similar spec to what would be expected on a euro version. My focus ST was seriously de-contented compared to the euro version the RS is not as bad but still missing features. I see no mention of one but would not be surprised to see the euro version getting a heated front windscreen and once again the USA versions will be left wanting. Having had that over 20+ years ago on my fords back when I was living in the UK it missing from USA fords is a major over site :(

Will be nice to see it in the different colors, but overall I like the look of the interior and the front the less said about the back the better. Of the models I see the select and premium as the pick of the bunch, with the first edition for those that want the grabber blue.

Ford may have pushed the performance angle but the initial specs of the GT are to me underwhelming the taycan shows the way forward for what is needed for a performance ev, the day ford takes another visit to the GKN parts bin and uses a twin eTwinsterX then I will become interested.

OP
OP
mdvolt

mdvolt

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mdvolt.org
Vehicles
Fusion Energi; Tesla Model 3
Country flag
What are the charge rates for the Tesla? I thought it was comparable. At least the at-home charge rates are.
DC Fast charging is much slower. I guess we don't know about at home "Level 2" charging yet.
Sponsored