Lots of questions...rims, tires...rack etc

Shilou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I have a 2023 CR1 on order. 18in wheels

Does anyone know if on the CR1 you can put on bigger wheels and tires looking at 19s or 20s.

I see everyone talking about changing from summer to winter tires. Do these cars not come with all weather tires? im looking online and im just not seeing a clear answer. Im in NJ so winter is coming soon which means snow and i live on a hill.

Bike Racks. i see the car is not tow rated. if i were to put on a tow hitch for a bike rack does this make the car warranties go away. Has anyone put on a tow hitch with no issues

what were you go to fun accessories that you bought for the car
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I have a 2023 CR1 on order. 18in wheels

Does anyone know if on the CR1 you can put on bigger wheels and tires looking at 19s or 20s.

I see everyone talking about changing from summer to winter tires. Do these cars not come with all weather tires? im looking online and im just not seeing a clear answer. Im in NJ so winter is coming soon which means snow and i live on a hill.

Bike Racks. i see the car is not tow rated. if i were to put on a tow hitch for a bike rack does this make the car warranties go away. Has anyone put on a tow hitch with no issues

what were you go to fun accessories that you bought for the car
All Mach-Es other than the GT-Performance Edition come with all-weather tires. The GT-PE comes with Max Performance Summer tires. Your CR1 is fine with it’s stock tires for winter. 😊🐩

There are lots of people who have put 19” to 22” wheels on their MMEs. Going up in diameter on wheels is not a problem as long as you choose tires that are of nearly the same outside diameter as the stock tires. Check out the Exterior Mods section of the forum. 😊🐩

There are a lot of people with tow hitches of at least three different makes in the US and Canada. It doesn’t seem to be a problem from a warranty standpoint. 😊🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Yes, you can put darn near any wheel size larger than 18” on, but the main reason to do it aesthetics. The 18” works great.

I’m in Colorado and I like having a second set of winter tires on another set of wheels, I’ve done it for many years. The stock tires are a decent all season, you probably don’t have to do anything in NJ unless you want the best traction available for the conditions.

Hitches are available aftermarket and easy to install (or have installed for you). Most of us just use them for bike racks. It doesn’t (and can’t) void your warranty. Google the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act for more detail. This is a very common dealership lie.

Subliminal64

First Name
Burnsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME AWD ER (x2) "Darth Maul" & "R2-D2"
Occupation
Working
Country flag
For those seeking info on winter/snow tires and rims for Mach-E's, see the video below!

Sponsored