Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Manager
Country flag
That’s awesome and hilarious! My parents are the same - KC corvette Club members and Dad was VP at one point. My husband and I owned vettes up till a few years ago. I love corvettes but we now have a 2016 GT Mustang with a Rouche Supercharger and I’m waiting for my GT Mach E which has a “Birthday” of August 9th.

Love the text exchange….its like we have the same father!
Sponsored

OP
OP

boywundr

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e Premium eAWD
Occupation
Lead UX Motion Designer
Country flag
That’s awesome and hilarious! My parents are the same - KC corvette Club members and Dad was VP at one point. My husband and I owned vettes up till a few years ago. I love corvettes but we now have a 2016 GT Mustang with a Rouche Supercharger and I’m waiting for my GT Mach E which has a “Birthday” of August 9th.

Love the text exchange….its like we have the same father!
First of all, awesome set of cars. I am jealous! HAHA! Very cool.

Yeah, dad's like to give a hard time, but I think at the end of the day he's just glad he has more fire power to give me crap. ? I can feel the love!

smp

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
I hope you enjoy your MME as much as I am enjoying mine!

smp

MicrobialAng

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance Manager
Country flag
I’ve been stalking the Mach E group for quite a while & genuinely love how they have welcomed everyone. This is my first EV and I’ve been nervous from the get go. ..stil am.

I’ve been a traditional manual/ stick shift / super charged LOUD sports car owner since i was 16 and I am very new to the electric car lingo. Had to read up on what “Pre-Conditioning” was!

dano

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME
Occupation
Communications Engineer
Country flag
I’ve been stalking the Mach E group for quite a while & genuinely love how they have welcomed everyone. This is my first EV and I’ve been nervous from the get go. ..stil am.

I’ve been a traditional manual/ stick shift / super charged LOUD sports car owner since i was 16 and I am very new to the electric car lingo. Had to read up on what “Pre-Conditioning” was!
IMO, a lot of the EV lingo (that are new to me as well) seem to be new words for older concepts. "Pre-conditioning" as you mentioned is essentially the same concept as a "remote car starter". Some come with different implications or are more practical than they had been and maybe that's why they get a new name.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hey everyone! I've been wandering around the forums for awhile as an unregistered researcher and finally went all-in last night, picking up my Mach-e. I am crazy excited to drive but also come out of the shadows here and contribute! Thanks to everyone for helping with my research and getting me here!

One confession, and potentially some help needed... I grew up in a Corvette household and I'm trying to break it to my dad carefully. ? I'm thinking text so I don't need to run away and over exert myself. Any ideas welcome. HAHA!

Thanks again and happy to be here!

newMachE.jpg
What did your dad think the first time he drove it?

OP
OP

boywundr

First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e Premium eAWD
Occupation
Lead UX Motion Designer
Country flag
What did your dad think the first time he drove it?
Still can't give an update because.... 1) he hasn't visited lately due to COVID and 2) the one time this past summer he did visit, he refused to drive it! I think he's worried that something will happen or he'll "mess it up". I tried to tell him it's only a car but he still wouldn't do it! HAHA! I'll wear him down and post pics! ?
Sponsored