Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi Folks!

Just thought I'd share my experience at Kennedy Ford in Oakville Ontario.

Was looking to replace my fiancé's vehicle that was stolen over the Christmas break. We were both excited about the prospect of going electric and the Mach E was a great fit for several reasons. We're an affluent car family, we've previously had a series of performance cars from several brands over the last few years.

We had our sights set on a Mach E GT, but opted for a Premium LR given it was replacing our daily. We went to Kennedy Ford a week ago and happily purchased a Premium LR on lot as it was advertised (no haggling). I'm in the consulting world, and although I understand getting the "best deal" I'm also more than happy to help businesses score their points--small-medium sized businesses are the backbone of our economy and they need to turn a profit like everyone else.

You can imagine my disappointment when my fiancé and I arrived this past Saturday to pickup the vehicle and overall shape of the paint was incredibly rough--scratches in the clear coat and scuffs on almost all the panels. My point early about having purchased several cars over the last few years was in reference to having experience at several named dealers and never having this experience.

I was almost in shock, it looked like they had just run the vehicle through a generic car wash and then proceeded to wash it down once more with a wire brush. The response to my concern was even more puzzling. There didn't seem to be any care given. Granted, I appreciate paint is not perfect, but this was a step beyond the threshold. I had sent some photos seen here to my detailer and another shop, both of them had suggested that I don't take possession--and I didn't.

Still waiting to see what they do with it... but the fact it got to us like that and nothing would have been done otherwise is unbelievable to me. A bit more frustrated than normal given this was for my fiancé, and I wanted her (and our) first experience with a Ford product to be positive.

Sharing in the event anyone is looking to purchase in Oakville Ontario, might steer clear of Kennedy Ford.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Mach E's, looks like a fantastic time!!

IMG_2947.JPG

IMG_2948.JPG

IMG_2950.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG