I am getting pumped!!

Sponsored

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
First, I need to say that I liked this video. We had more up-close, high definition shots, and we also heard from "the horses mouth" who is clearly passionate about the car. This makes me feel like Ford is really really behind this vehicle.

That said, I do must admit that I agree with this article almost 100%. Jay's signature on his show is that he takes the vehicles for a quick spin. Heck, he's taken steam-powered cars for a spin! He's taken 1-of-a-kind multi-million-dollar hand-built prototype cars for a spin. Seriously, he couldn't just take this one for a spin? Sorry folks, I'm a bit let down.

If this is related to the embargo, why didn't they wait 1 silly week? Or come on, could they not work around the embargo with Jay (Yes, I know this puts other reviewers at a disadvantage, but then again this is Jay Leno)? Another possibility is that they *did* take it for a spin, but that part of the video is embargo'ed. But, that's odd that Jay wouldn't have said something like "stay tuned, in a future episode we'll take it for a spin". I'm withholding judgement for now, but still disappointed nonetheless.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ord-s-ceo-doesn-t-move-it-an-inch-152754.html

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
First, I need to say that I liked this video. We had more up-close, high definition shots, and we also heard from "the horses mouth" who is clearly passionate about the car. This makes me feel like Ford is really really behind this vehicle.

That said, I do must admit that I agree with this article almost 100%. Jay's signature on his show is that he takes the vehicles for a quick spin. Heck, he's taken steam-powered cars for a spin! He's taken 1-of-a-kind multi-million-dollar hand-built prototype cars for a spin. Seriously, he couldn't just take this one for a spin? Sorry folks, I'm a bit let down.

If this is related to the embargo, why didn't they wait 1 silly week? Or come on, could they not work around the embargo with Jay (Yes, I know this puts other reviewers at a disadvantage, but then again this is Jay Leno)? Another possibility is that they *did* take it for a spin, but that part of the video is embargo'ed. But, that's odd that Jay wouldn't have said something like "stay tuned, in a future episode we'll take it for a spin". I'm withholding judgement for now, but still disappointed nonetheless.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ord-s-ceo-doesn-t-move-it-an-inch-152754.html
Agreed. I also was thrilled to hear how Farley was so into the Mach E and electrification. Farley definitely got some of his facts and specs wrong. I also think most of the eF-150 stories he was telling were really eTransit stories. I'm also puzzled he didn't even mention the eTransit (unless I mis-heard him).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Farley definitely got some of his facts and specs wrong.
Yeah, he didn't seem too sure about the size of the center screen and referred to the charging network as "Charge America". But at his level, I wouldn't expect him to know the exact specifics of everything. I'm actually surprised that he was answering unscripted questions like that. Assuming they were unscripted (they appeared to be).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, he didn't seem too sure about the size of the center screen and referred to the charging network as "Charge America". But at his level, I wouldn't expect him to know the exact specifics of everything. I'm actually surprised that he was answering unscripted questions like that. Assuming they were unscripted (they appeared to be).
I immediately thought "The Electrify America folks won't be happy when they see this". ?

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Honestly, I was not impressed with Farley. Flying Darren Palmer in from the U.K. would have a much better person to have for the interview. Farley is a 30,000 Foot guy, as the boss, and it was readily apparent he didn't have much of a clue about the particulars, other than, "yeah, lots of torque, yeah so my heat from the motors." That is why I'm sure as others said he was getting savaged on the comment section... Elon knows what he's talking about, even if he exaggerates, Farley didn't know much. Nice enough guy and really Ford needed a real spokesman (person) for this gig and it missed the mark. I guarantee Jay knew more about the cars that Farley... and why the heck wouldn't they have called in VGJr. or one of the engineers to talk on the race car and what the retail MME had in common. Again, Farley had no clue.
Nice to see the cars and I like Jay but this was a real nothing-burger. And again, I'm not saying was because of the story embargo... just a pure lack of knowledge from the 'big guy'.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Honestly, I was not impressed with Farley. Flying Darren Palmer in from the U.K. would have a much better person to have for the interview. Farley is a 30,000 Foot guy, as the boss, and it was readily apparent he didn't have much of a clue about the particulars, other than, "yeah, lots of torque, yeah so my heat from the motors." That is why I'm sure as others said he was getting savaged on the comment section... Elon knows what he's talking about, even if he exaggerates, Farley didn't know much. Nice enough guy and really Ford needed a real spokesman (person) for this gig and it missed the mark. I guarantee Jay knew more about the cars that Farley... and why the heck wouldn't they have called in VGJr. or one of the engineers to talk on the race car and what the retail MME had in common. Again, Farley had no clue.
Nice to see the cars and I like Jay but this was a real nothing-burger. And again, I'm not saying was because of the story embargo... just a pure lack of knowledge from the 'big guy'.
I think any of us on here could have done a better job talking about the car.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Great points indeed, re-watching and paying closer attention to Farley, I agree ... he clearly stumbled his way through several items. Maybe that is what unconsciously (at first) generated my "meh".

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
But that wasn’t the only surprise. Before he left the set, Leno’s team presented Farley with a custom California vanity plate for his Ford GT that says “TEAM EFRT” (team effort).
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1607656873705

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E featured on Jay Leno's Garage 1607656873705
haha, did anyone catch the Tesla in the background....in the first photo?

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
When Leno is talking about the transmissions in electric cars if you listen closely you can hear somebody feeding Jay the question. LOL im curious now how he really films his shows

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
This......

Think about the costs and the hassle of a new gas-powered car: After the first 600 miles, first you have to change the oil and service it, and eventually you have to replace the brake pads. Electric cars have brake pads too, but they also have regenerative braking, so they slow you down and you don’t use the brakes nearly as much. My Tesla brake pads still look brand new because I just let my foot off the pedal and the car slows down. I only use the brake pedal to come to a full, complete stop.

Then there’s the gas. I used to have a big Jaguar four-door sedan that cost me $80 to $100 a week in gas. I got the Tesla, and it’s maybe $6 a week of electricity to charge the battery.

The cutoff point in America is $30,000. I think once they figure out how to build electric cars for less than $30,000, you’ll see more and more people going electric. If it hits people in the pocketbook, that’s the game-changer. If you can make a car cheaper, more efficient, faster—game over.
Sponsored