kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I own a many, many thousands of shares of Ford stock, and I cannot subscribe to your thinking.

The present standard is the Tesla Model Y.

It leases, with ZERO money down, 36 months, 10.5K miles per year, $633 a month.

Everyone who is following BEVs know;

• Range is increasing
  • Charging times are coming down
  • Prices are going down not up: Tesla has had several price decreases while increasing the range of their cars

I have just viewed the MME and thereafter the Model Y: they are far more similar than not.

To be competitive the price of the MME, both purchase and leases must be in line with the Model Y.

Those who pay more now for the MME vs. the Model Y, imo will regret that decision when it comes to either sell or trade in their MME.

In all honesty part of it is seeing whats going on in the world and a small portion is me tryng to stay optimistic about this purchase. Im not going to lie seeing that lease of 1100$CDN/Month vs 850$/Month for a Y sucked a lot of air out my optimistic balloon. I myself wont keep the reservation at that price and a friend of mine who has 2 reserved probably wont take them either at that price. If it means i have to wait 2 years before going electric than i will have to wait. 1400$ for a lease with 0$ is just rediculous. I was willing to go 850$/month by adding some to the initial 8000$ given by the province but the price difference is just too much for me to cover that much up front.
Sponsored

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
In all honesty part of it is seeing whats going on in the world and a small portion is me tryng to stay optimistic about this purchase. Im not going to lie seeing that lease of 1100$CDN/Month vs 850$/Month for a Y sucked a lot of air out my optimistic balloon. I myself wont keep the reservation at that price and a friend of mine who has 2 reserved probably wont take them either at that price. If it means i have to wait 2 years before going electric than i will have to wait. 1400$ for a lease with 0$ is just rediculous. I was willing to go 850$/month by adding some to the initial 8000$ given by the province but the price difference is just too much for me to cover that much up front.
Not sure about Canada, but VW ID.4 arrives here in the US shortly after the Mach. Job 1 for the ID.4 was around the same time as the Mach but of course there's the boat trip involved for ID.

VW Credit has done a great job of communicating in advance the lease deal for the base ID.4 and has clearly communicated in the fine print below that the US $7500 credit comes directly off the MSRP to lower the capitalized cost.

p66hwp6aczo51-png.png

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure about Canada, but VW ID.4 arrives here in the US shortly after the Mach. Job 1 for the ID.4 was around the same time as the Mach but of course there's the boat trip involved for ID.

VW Credit has done a great job of communicating in advance the lease deal for the base ID.4 and has clearly communicated in the fine print below that the US $7500 credit comes directly off the MSRP to lower the capitalized cost.

p66hwp6aczo51-png.png
its the same here but just to put this in perspective for the u.s. with 8000$cdn (6000$ us) the lease is 910$ u.s. for 48months

Last edited:

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Acquisition fee & Disposition fee can add $1,000-$1500 to a lease cost.
Acquisition fees are $595 and disposition fees fees $395. The acquisition fees should be put into the lease and if you re-lease disposition fees are waived.

Not the case in Maryland or Virginia, Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, & Texas.
Sales tax is collected on MSRP for financed sales, option sales, or lease contracts.
I think there are provisions in these states to keep the sales tax down. For the remaining 44 states sales tax is on the sum of the lease payments plus any cap cost reduction.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Financing and RCL Leasing Program Announced p66hwp6aczo51-

OF COURSE!

Ford seems to unique in trying to pass of the Option Plan as a "lease" and in the lease not putting the $7,500 in as a cap cost reduction.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Acquisition fees are $595 and disposition fees fees $395. The acquisition fees should be put into the lease and if you re-lease disposition fees are waived.

I think there are provisions in these states to keep the sales tax down. For the remaining 44 states sales tax is on the sum of the lease payments plus any cap cost reduction.
Your point about the fees? My point is that some people think $1,000 or more 'amounts to much."

You are wrong about provisions to keep the sales tax down in Maryland, Virginia, Arkansas, Illinois, Oklahoma, & Texas. [19% of the U.S. population]

Last edited:

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
its the same here but just to put this in perspective for the u.s. with 8000$cdn (6000$ us) the lease is 910$ u.s. for 48months
I just got off the phone with my friend who had 2 reserved, (he really did order 2 to keep). He's not tight for money but let me tell you when i showed him the Ford site with the proposed lease terms he said "a lot of people are going to cancel if that is what the dealer proposes including me"

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
oh ffs are we really going to have the "but the First Edition really costs more than it did after the price dropped because delta" thing again?

let's not and not say we did - there's like a billion posts on the price drop thread and there's zero productive value to be had there. Either you saw the total cost drop and say "hey I'm spending less than I agreed to spend, yay!" or saw the delta go up and say "well even though I'm literally spending less I'm spending more and it's not worth it to me now" and you will never ever be changed from either position.

and wait, someone reserved two "to keep" but cares about the lease terms? do they know what "lease" means? it sure as hell sounds like he doesn't.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I thought the original $1,600 premium for the FE was okay. Now that the FE differential increased to $3,600 it could almost be considered a bait and switch on the part of Ford.
Did they raise the prices on the FE after you guys ordered and then refuse to honor the original price?? If they did...in would cancel and look elsewhere.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Did they raise the prices on the FE after you guys ordered and then refuse to honor the original price?? If they did...in would cancel and look elsewhere.
Hardly. Ford reduced the price. They just lowered the price of the Premium by more.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
They lowered the base price, but in turn increased the price of the "First Edition" package, so the Premium model had a $3,000 reduction in MSRP, while the First Edition only a $1,000 reduction in MSRP. (First Editions are Premiums with a First Edition "package" added)

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They lowered the base price, but in turn increased the price of the "First Edition" package, so the Premium model had a $3,000 reduction in MSRP, while the First Edition only a $1,000 reduction in MSRP. (First Editions are Premiums with a First Edition "package" added)
More important: First Edition in my mind at last means "First production".
To be "First" I was willing to pay a premium: $1,600.

But it turns out that First Edition is not first production. There are build dates for the Premium in November and build dates for the select in December and build dates for the First Edition in January.

What the First Edition turned out to be is "Special Edition"

The Premium AWD LR, mechanically identical to the First Edition, was reduced $3,000 but the First Edition only $1,000. The delta grew from $1,600 to $3,600.

At the time of the price reduction we continued to think that First Edition was First Production.

It was only in September and October, long after we converted our reservations to orders, when we were notified of production dates did those of us who ordered the First Edition realized that our cars were not first production.

So bottom line: there will be select and premium models out on the road before some of us even get our First Editions!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh ffs are we really going to have the "but the First Edition really costs more than it did after the price dropped because delta" thing again?

let's not and not say we did - there's like a billion posts on the price drop thread and there's zero productive value to be had there. Either you saw the total cost drop and say "hey I'm spending less than I agreed to spend, yay!" or saw the delta go up and say "well even though I'm literally spending less I'm spending more and it's not worth it to me now" and you will never ever be changed from either position.

and wait, someone reserved two "to keep" but cares about the lease terms? do they know what "lease" means? it sure as hell sounds like he doesn't.
Don't worry I do and he does also, but it gives people like me who drive a lot an "out" especially if the car does not meet our expectations especially since it is a first year car.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On the canadian side with the new terms the lease is quite a bit more expensive than the financing. They seem to want ppl to keep their car by making the lease unaffordable. Thats not very reassuring. Options is apparently available for mustangs so i'll see what is proposed for the MME.