D_West2006

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Just removed my mirror caps and had them carbon fiber finished. Warning - it seems it is impossible to pry out the mirror glass as the instructions without some of the retaining tangs snapping off! No matter how carefully I eased the mirror out I lost some on each side. Maybe warmer weather would be better? Blue circles broken, green one as it should be.
However if just removing the cap it may be possible with a slim pair of mouse nose pliers to ease the cap clips out with mirror tilted down instead. Start with the clip nearest vehicle.
Good luck, very pleased with carbon fiber finish :cool:

20220209_184931.jpg

IMG-20220209-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20220209-WA0002.jpeg
Carbon fiber does look sweet! Where did you purchase those new covers?

rogerdodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
If my turn signal ever shows up I'll report back. Not going in there without the part after reading the instructions. Once and done for me
Tim.... Did you ever install the mirror turn signal? I need to do mine, as well.

I have the mirror cap off but it looks like I also need to remove the lower cover but I can't see the clips for the lower and I don't want to remove the mirror itself, for fear of breaking it.

If you did end up replacing yours yourself, please can you post a reply explaing how you did it? As much detail as possible would be appreciated.

Thanks, so much.

Roger

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Tim.... Did you ever install the mirror turn signal? I need to do mine, as well.

I have the mirror cap off but it looks like I also need to remove the lower cover but I can't see the clips for the lower and I don't want to remove the mirror itself, for fear of breaking it.

If you did end up replacing yours yourself, please can you post a reply explaing how you did it? As much detail as possible would be appreciated.

Thanks, so much.

Roger
I quickly gave up and had the dealer install it....sorry

Fat Mach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 GT350
Country flag