Mach-E Owners in Ontario: Willing to work with EVinsulate for a Mach-E kit?

OP
OP
GarageWarrior2023

GarageWarrior2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium x2
Country flag
Got the kits over the weekend and install on both Mach-Es.

Paul did a great job with the the kit development. it comes with clips to help with the install process and he has really thought out the process. Read and follow the instructions and you can install with ease.

I have to say, there is a noticeable difference in warmth. It takes away that draft effect you get off the glass (much like @Mach-Lee demonstrated with his panoroof insulation testing). Nice thing with this kit is it can stay up year round and you retain the aesthetic of the interior.

Worth every penny!

DubyaB

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e premium
Country flag
Just ordered this based on the reviews in this thread, great concept and I'm excited to receive this and get it installed!

OP
OP
GarageWarrior2023

GarageWarrior2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just ordered this based on the reviews in this thread, great concept and I'm excited to receive this and get it installed!

Thought I would share my tips for when you do your install in case they help:
-Prep the inside of the glass roof really well before you start. I used a good glass cleaner and a few microfibers. I made sure I finished off with a good dry microfiber to make sure I had no residue hindering adhesion.
-Best way I found (if doing it by yourself) was to put the EVglass on the back seat (like you see in the attached image) and peel the inner protective cover, then get in and position it. I held it up in the middle with my head and just stayed centered in the vehicle and inserted the temporary clips. The clips alone will not hold the panel in place fully, though they do help significantly to stabilize the panel and keep it centered. It's best to keep your head holding it (or better....a helper...) during the installation process until mostly complete.
-when pulling the red release liner during installation , I found it could get a little stuck in the 4 sharper corners of the roof outline, I just pushed the headliner away gently and pulled on the release film carefully and it would freely move again. Other than those 4 corners the release film is very easy to work with and comes off with very little effort. It was quite a smooth process.

Other than that, follow the installation instructions (Get them from the evinsulate.com site or see attached) and you should be golden.

Mach-E EV Glass.png

Attachments

CTZ

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E
Hi Lee,

My first efforts at battery insulation after buying my Model 3 in 2018 were using bubble wrap, it didn't take long to see that it was much too fragile. Since then I have only used the polyethylene foam for it's durability. As was mentioned already, keeping water out is a priority and those ridges would make that a challenge. I have only worked with the polyethylene and flatter battery bottom of the Teslas so I don't have much too offer unfortunately.

I took a screen grab from a video of the bottom, I can see how attaching something down there would be a challenge.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Owners in Ontario: Willing to work with EVinsulate for a Mach-E kit? Mach-E EV Glass
Isn't that car being jacked on the battery pack? Aren't the lift points where the screws are located toward the doors?

OP
OP
GarageWarrior2023

GarageWarrior2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't that car being jacked on the battery pack? Aren't the lift points where the screws are located toward the doors?
Yes I noticed this too but said nothing. whoever lifted this did it wrong. you are not supposed to use the strike rails of the battery. there are 4 holes on the frame beside the battery where you are supposed to lift from. I use rubber puck inserts I bought specifically for those jack points for when I switch my winter tires out.
Sponsored