Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I worked in a tavern for a while & observed the waitresses. Most were ok-ish to down right bad, with 1 or 2 good ones. The good ones were usually gone in 3-6 months with the ok-ish ones sticking around for 1-2 years before management :parted ways" with them. I asked the shift manager about it once & he told me that the tavern was Not looking for long term employees, that they wanted (semi) competent employees who would gain experience & then move on.

I feel that Ford is similar to the tavern with respect to many positions. (Repair shop, salesmen.)
Of course the customer has a better experience with the upper echelon car dealers. Their cars cost more (in part) because one is paying for that service! I would get a loaner for my BMW even if the service was going to be 1 day (or less).
I do not have the same expectations for Ford as I did from BMW. Doesn't matter the price of the Ford.
I donā€™t expect the same treatment either but thatā€™s a shame. My wifeā€™s X3 cost about the same as the MME and is treated light years better than I was at Ford. Service rep barely knew I was talking to her, looked like she wasnā€™t too happy working there. I was in 2 days in a row and she had no idea I was in the day before and this is a very good dealership.

same thing when I was looking into buying a Vettte. The shopping experience at Chevrolet just turned me off. 10 salesmen lined up in a row when I came in, like vultures. I told the salesman if you ask me one more time for a deposit I am walking out plus wouldnā€™t give me a test drive Etc.

I went to Porsche and treatment was way different, salesmen pulled out a 911 and away we went. Markup is way more on 911 so I understand but still.

problems could be worse of course so you go with the flow and what your comfortable with.
Sponsored

Reactions: x19

bncwhite

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GB MME GT
Occupation
Grooper Senior Tech
Country flag
My car has been in the dealership since August 8th. Long story for another thread after I get my car back. My repair was supposed to be completed last week after being told around August 26th it would be sometime Labor Day week. A whole two extra weeks of waiting because other Mach-Es were being worked on. This after getting the part emergency ordered by Ford Corp. And nowā€¦.

Tuesday, I got an email telling me the one and only EV tech had my car apart and then he left because his wife went into labor. No one in the service department knows how many days he will be out. So now my car sits in pieces for a week now. I hope to God he remembers everything heā€™s done and gets everything put back together correctly. I donā€™t know how detailed his service manual is but Iā€™m concerned now something will be missed or lose and cause new sounds.

And we still have no ETA because he is out for maternity leave. I donā€™t find fault in him being absent for having a kid. The dealers need to have more than one EV tech! What happens to my car if he is hit by a bus or something and never returns to workā€¦? My service experience has been a disaster! I will have made two car payments by the time I get my car back. Iā€™m on my last nerve of patience.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My car has been in the dealership since August 8th. Long story for another thread after I get my car back. My repair was supposed to be completed last week after being told around August 26th it would be sometime Labor Day week. A whole two extra weeks of waiting because other Mach-Es were being worked on. This after getting the part emergency ordered by Ford Corp. And nowā€¦.

Tuesday, I got an email telling me the one and only EV tech had my car apart and then he left because his wife went into labor. No one in the service department knows how many days he will be out. So now my car sits in pieces for a week now. I hope to God he remembers everything heā€™s done and gets everything put back together correctly. I donā€™t know how detailed his service manual is but Iā€™m concerned now something will be missed or lose and cause new sounds.

And we still have no ETA because he is out for maternity leave. I donā€™t find fault in him being absent for having a kid. The dealers need to have more than one EV tech! What happens to my car if he is hit by a bus or something and never returns to workā€¦? My service experience has been a disaster! I will have made two car payments by the time I get my car back. Iā€™m on my last nerve of patience.
sorry to hear of your problems .

Like Iā€™ve said, Ford may say they are all in with EVā€˜s but the answer is they are really quite deficient. The dealership model is this instance is living proof.

the major benefit of a startup EV company, like Tesla, Polestar etc, is that is all they do, and have , I assume many people to deal with EV problems.

it will take the dealerships years to get up to EV snuff.
Sponsored