First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F150, ‘22 Ranger, ‘92 Mustang LX, possible ‘22
Occupation
Driver
Hey all! I am looking at a few used '22 Mach e's, and I have stumbled upon more than a couple that Carfax shows were bought back by the manufacturer. Most of them all have the same reasoning, loss of power. Is it the brain trust here opinion that it was probably the HVBJB malfunction? If so, do you think it was properly repaired by the manufacturer before being allowed to be re-sold? Just curious as these cars are listed slightly cheaper, and if they already have had the fix, should they be considered?

Thank you all for the input, its appreciated.

Fish
Sponsored

ToOldForThis

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X
Most of them all have the same reasoning, loss of power. Is it the brain trust here opinion that it was probably the HVBJB malfunction? If so, do you think it was properly repaired by the manufacturer before being allowed to be re-sold?
Federal law requires all issues to corrected before a mfr buy-back can be resold.

NC-GT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance
There is a very long thread on this forum by someone who purchased one of the lemons (for a great price). Thinking that everything was good to go now. To make a very long story short- would recommend do NOT purchase them.

Also remember if you plan on reselling down the road, potential buyers are going to have the same questions and many will shy away also.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Only way to purchase a used EV from Ford: Blue Certified Pre-Owned.

AtomicInternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS, Mach E Premium
Country flag
As mentioned, the fix for the buyback issue was completed so no more or less risk than any other used car problems that might arise.

However, if you purchase a buyback, the same discount you get will also hit you if you ever try to resell it.

When I bought my Focus RS as a manufacturer buyback, I knew I'd never want to sell it. I've had zero problems with it for 5 years now. Your mileage may vary.
Sponsored