Shelby Mach-E Model Confirmed by Ford!!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica PHEV, Mercedes BEV (Past Fords- Escape Hybrid, 67 Mustang Convertible)
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I dunno if this is going to give me the "Mustang feeling", like I had with my first car a '67 convertible, but I haven't been this excited about a car in a long, long time. Certainly willing to see it brought into the future (in more ways than one), extending the range as just one part of a Mustang family.

This also shows that there is an alternative to autonomous people movers on streets of the future.

Last edited:

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
With an EV where the battery is most of the cost, any upgrades to motors suspension would no doubt end available later on as parts from performance ford and with no emissions all 50 states can swap in the new crate motors without issue :)
I like the "crate motor" idea. It will probably be a special drive unit with motor, controller, differential, and axles in a single package, and sold by Ford Performance . Maybe someone will use this as a gas-to-electric conversion for older Mustangs.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium X AWD, Star White
Country flag
Ford is wasting no time announcing its intentions to bring an ultimate factory performance model of the Mustang Mach-E! A Shelby Mach-E is in the works, as Ford executives has just confirmed!

via EVO: https://www.evo.co.uk/ford/mustang/201971/ford-plans-a-hot-mustang-mach-e-shelby

Ford plans a hot Mustang Mach-E Shelby

Ford’s Mustang Mach-E will get a high-performance Shelby badged version, according to bosses

November 20, 2019

Ford executives have confirmed that plans are afoot to create a flagship performance version of the Mustang Mach-E under the famous Shelby brand. The Mustang Mach-E Shelby would follow on from the muscular 750bhp Mustang Shelby GT500 coupe and sit above the current range-topper in the recently unveiled Mach-E range, the GT.

Speaking to evo, Ford Performance chief programme engineer Ed Krenz said: ‘I’m looking forward to the challenge of applying the Shelby characteristics to an electric car. The trick for us is the fun-to-drive part, and sustainability in terms of charging. It needs to be capable to go all day on a trackday – you can’t do 20 minutes and then have to charge it all night.’

Ford is intent on making sure the Mach-E lives up to its Mustang branding in terms of the levels of performance on offer and the driving experience. The Shelby variant would be the flagship Mach-E in this regard, pushing the platform towards its limits for road and track driving.

The power output for the current Mustang Mach-E GT model has yet to be confirmed but the car uses the all-wheel drive version of the Mach-E’s powertrain and Ford says it’s targeting a 0-60mph sprint time of under 4sec with a 250-mile range. With the mid-spec Mach-E Extended Range models packing 327bhp (and 417lb ft of torque) it’s probably reasonable to expect 350bhp from the GT model and close to 400bhp from the eventual Shelby variant.
Bumping this along. Go Shelby. I want the first one.

Advertisement

Advertisement