Shelby Mach-E Model Confirmed by Ford!!

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
Not at all! I do not think it will be "a lame grocery getter." I think it will be a great new vehicle that I wouldn't mind owning, and feel free to blow by me. Just find another name to use to do it. Just because it has styling ques from the original pony car definitely doesn't make it deserving of the running horse brand. There are all kinds of faster,quicker,sleeker cars out there and I don't get upset when they "blow by me." Someone is always going to build one faster,quicker,sleeker AND more expensive. Mustang was fine where it was at. Find another way to market the electric,fast,high center of gravity,grocery getter! Maybe call it the Five Hundred E, or the Zepher E, Or better yet the Edsel E!
Sponsored

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Not at all! I do not think it will be "a lame grocery getter." I think it will be a great new vehicle that I wouldn't mind owning, and feel free to blow by me. Just find another name to use to do it. Just because it has styling ques from the original pony car definitely doesn't make it deserving of the running horse brand. There are all kinds of faster,quicker,sleeker cars out there and I don't get upset when they "blow by me." Someone is always going to build one faster,quicker,sleeker AND more expensive. Mustang was fine where it was at. Find another way to market the electric,fast,high center of gravity,grocery getter! Maybe call it the Five Hundred E, or the Zepher E, Or better yet the Edsel E!
Probably the best thing for you to do is if you really hate the Mustang Mach E is go back the m6g forum and continue complaining over there where you'll find a sympathetic crowd to listen to you. I'm on the Mustang forum I'll be waiting to see you over there so I can laugh at your narrow minded view more.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Also, Five Hundred E....lol the whole reason they switched back to the Taurus name was because it didn't sell well under that moniker. The mustang name brings with a notoriety, and that is the same qualities they instilled in this vehicle. It doesn't bring down the mustang name anymore than the Cobra II or SVO mustang. Not to mention, they didn't want it to be "mustang-like" and name it something new. We all saw how well the Probe did.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I imagine a few are shitting bricks. I also can't wait to see this thing blow away a GT500 in a straight and out corner a GT350 (maybe not R). This would be the vehicle to take to Nurburgring.
I would much rather the GT500. It's looks alone make me jealous even before it's started up.

stringtheory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
Things are changing too fast. In a little over 2 weeks we went from a SUV with Mustang styling cues to a Shelby version on the horizon. What are they going to call it...….the Shelby Super Snake-E?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just call it what it is. The fast one that makes ICE owners shit their pants. It's a long name, but flows well.

stringtheory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
The Mustang name has cache. It has become a brand unto it's own. What is happening now will be very difficult to stop. Everyone wants to get in the game. The world of automobiles as we know them is coming to an end, whether we accept it or not. Even the most expensive, exotic, supercars marketed today have some form of hybridization designed into them.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Ford will offer something for everyone with the new Mustang Mach E: a daily drive with medium autonomy base car, a large range autonomy and powerfull vehicle (AWD extended range batterie car), a powerful and decent autonomy GT and, now, a furious track ready, low range Shelby. What else can a Mustang fan dream of?
A free Mach-E!

Machemark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTI, Prius
Country flag
Ugh.

The GT should be more than enough for me, but a Shelby would be nice.

Honestly if we could "tune" our own cars' computers and add more aggressive body panels, etc., that would be enough for me.

But a part of me thinks those days are over.

Plus I'd imagine an electric Shelby Cobra or GT500 equivalent would be like 75-85k at least so that is already way over my budget.

RunningHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Can someone explain to me why they didn't overhaul a model like the Edge? Something that has no racing heritage, virtually no performance model, instead of pissing off the most loyal brand/model customers you have? Edge EVX sounds way better than an infringement on an icon. Edge EVX might pull in a different kind of performance enthusiast to a newly revamped model line! Just sayin".
Because Mustang is now its own sub brand. The Mach E is a NEW Mustang, its not trying to be the Mustang coupe but does draw inspiration from it. The Mach E is a Mustang because of it's DNA, RWD based, mustang design cues (tri-bar, rear haunches, shark nose, muscular body lines), performance, and fun to drive. The edge has nothing to do with any of that, the edge is a family friendly crossover. Dis the Mustang coupe start with a racing heritage, did the Ford GT? Every nameplate starts somewhere and the Mach E 1400 is the start of that. It's a Mustang because it was designed with the Mustang brand DNA which now encompasses more than the ICE.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Because Mustang is now its own sub brand. The Mach E is a NEW Mustang, its not trying to be the Mustang coupe but does draw inspiration from it. The Mach E is a Mustang because of it's DNA, RWD based, mustang design cues (tri-bar, rear haunches, shark nose, muscular body lines), performance, and fun to drive. The edge has nothing to do with any of that, the edge is a family friendly crossover. Dis the Mustang coupe start with a racing heritage, did the Ford GT? Every nameplate starts somewhere and the Mach E 1400 is the start of that. It's a Mustang because it was designed with the Mustang brand DNA which now encompasses more than the ICE.
Preach it brother!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I think people who are mad at the use of the mustang name need to realize, anything made after 1966 isn't a "real" mustang.

Once we accept that, we can appreciate a vehicle for what it is, not what name it happens to get.

KT-PNW

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07’ Mustang, 65’ Mustang, YZF R3
Country flag
I think people who are mad at the use of the mustang name need to realize, anything made after 1966 isn't a "real" mustang.

Once we accept that, we can appreciate a vehicle for what it is, not what name it happens to get.
These people with their power steering. Those aren’t reeeaallll Mustangs! /s

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Love one of Vaughn Gittins’ quotes:
“I was pumped that Ford was bringing a new member to the Mustang family. This new member, the Mustang Mach E, that would enable other people that couldn’t justify a two-door sports coupe to experience and have that feeling that Mustang gives.”

Sponsored