shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I agree with the consistency, but I'm lost about the shipping part. So to make the analogy work, you are saying USPS has to start making better cars?
No! Ford has to start sharing information they already have.
Sponsored

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
From the early 1980s until 2011 when I retired I dealt with Ford, other automotive manufacturers, and other large electronics users at major semiconductor companies. Even then Ford required even more visibility than consumers are now asking for. It is no problem for semiconductor companies to do this through multiple layers of subcontractors and shippers. I would imagine Ford requires the same visibility of their own operations. But they have no experience dealing with consumers. They are a more than 100 year old company that does not know how to work with individual customers, but hopefully they will learn. Even in the late 1980’s they had internal tracking systems that return to us the 1 out a million devices that failed in a car and we would figure out why. I notice that none of issues cars are having seam to be individual components, but either software or devices interfacing with each other. Hopefully for Ford they figure it out and become the next Toyota of the auto industry. Certainly Toyota hasn’t figured this out and has squandered their lead.