Mach-E titling hell in Dallas - need help to navigate options please

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Hi,

Apologies if it's not the right place to post this but I figure I might not be the only one with that issue.

So I bought a Mach-E in February and I decided to do the whole get a loan to make the experience easier at the dealership and pay it off fully after a week: they financed the car through TD Auto Finance.
We got the car and I paid off the loan online, it got through they confirmed it and closed the loan.

They sent me a lien release letter in March.

However, nothing has happened since. Normally they have to release the e-title to the state (from what I understood) then the TX DMV can send me my title.

So I called the Dallas County Tax office who checked my car in their system and said that there is still a lien showing up on the e-title and that they couldn't print me the title.

I have been trying to get TD Auto to do anything but they keep stalling with the following excuses/tactics:

- We are backed up, give us time (I gave them 4 months)
- We can't help you through our message center, please call
- Our phones are down we cannot help
- I see you contacted us in March, let me close your ticket

So what are my options now and what can I realistically do? TD Auto doesn't give a rat's ass and the County office is stuck (which I totally understand why this is not their fault).

It's my first time getting a new car and I never went through this process before - am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi,

Apologies if it's not the right place to post this but I figure I might not be the only one with that issue.

So I bought a Mach-E in February and I decided to do the whole get a loan to make the experience easier at the dealership and pay it off fully after a week: they financed the car through TD Auto Finance.
We got the car and I paid off the loan online, it got through they confirmed it and closed the loan.

However, nothing has happened since. Normally they have to release the e-title to the state (from what I understood) then the TX DMV can send me my title.

So I called the Dallas County Tax office who checked my car in their system and said that there is still a lien showing up on the e-title and that they couldn't print me the title.

I have been trying to get TD Auto to do anything but they keep stalling with the following excuses/tactics:

So what are my options now and what can I realistically do? TD Auto doesn't give a rat's ass and the County office is stuck (which I totally understand why this is not their fault).

It's my first time getting a new car and I never went through this process before - am I doing something wrong?
Maybe you just need to talk to someone who used to work at TD Auto Finance and still has friends there, like me.

Cannot promise anything but I can poke around to see what if anything can be done. If you want to DM me with your details I can reach out to my contacts at TD and see what happens.

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi,

If hybrid2bev can't help you, the only other thing I can suggest is hiring a lawyer. Please keep us updated.
Sponsored