Recommended dealerships for service in N. Dallas area?

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Hi all,

I need to take my MME for the roof/windshield recall, CSP, and a couple other minor issues that I have had (also had an email back-and-forth with Mike Levine and he requested I go to a dealer to see if I can get 1.7.1 unstuck). I would take it back to the dealer I bought it from, but I bought it off the lot in rural Oklahoma and I live in Frisco near DNT/121.

Technically Autonation Ford Frisco is the closest dealership and I haven't heard anything bad about them, so I could just go there, but I wanted to hear input if I should consider a different dealer. I work closeish to Five Star Ford of Dallas so that's an alternative, but I wouldn't be against going a little further to increase the chance of getting a good service center.

Any leads on the best Northish Dallas service center for a Job 1 MME? Also if you have worked with a specific tech that you've liked, that'd be great info too. I promise I won't take up too much of their time!
Sponsored

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I think Five Star Ford Dallas would be your best bet. I haven't had to take my MME for actual service, but Five Star Ford Lewisville programmed a second fob for me with no issues. I know someone who also has an MME and he had the glass recall done at Five Star Ford Dallas and was very happy with the whole experience.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think Five Star Ford Dallas would be your best bet. I haven't had to take my MME for actual service, but Five Star Ford Lewisville programmed a second fob for me with no issues. I know someone who also has an MME and he had the glass recall done at Five Star Ford Dallas and was very happy with the whole experience.
My GTPE is on order from Five Star Ford of Dallas; happy to hear they are getting some good marks after the sale.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
I bought my MME from AutoNation Ford of Arlington and will be going there for the windshield recall. I'll let y'all know how it turns out.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
My Premium AWD ER goes in for glass recalls on Tuesday. I bought from Five Star Carrollton and am having their body shop do the work. I will be out of town for about a week so will let you know how it all goes the following Tuesday.

wings2063

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
EV6 GT-Line /Mache Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired
Mine is at Five Star Dallas right now. They said they have 4 others there getting it done also. Requires an appointment so they can have a loaner ready for you. Takes a week to 10 days, longer if there is an ice storm!

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Mine is at Five Star Dallas right now. They said they have 4 others there getting it done also. Requires an appointment so they can have a loaner ready for you. Takes a week to 10 days, longer if there is an ice storm!
Yeah, I had been waiting for my appointment with the Carrollton folks since November as they perpetually had no loaner available. since I have this trip coming up, I opted to forego the loaner to just get it done. (I also have a couple little dings i want a quote on while they have it)

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I have been working with Eddie Church at Bill Utter Ford in Denton for a long while. We have a 16’ CMax Energi and a 17’ Focus Electric, on top of the 21 MME and he has always taken good care of us and been affordable. We have not had any issues on the MME Yet, but I do know they have a Build 1 they are working on this same recall on now that will be on their used lot soon.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Got my MME back from Five Star Collision yesterday. It took an extra couple of days as the windshield cracked on them so they had to get a new one. I also had them replace my charge door assembly as I had broken it a few months ago and was uneasy with the super-glue fix I had applied to the latching pin.

I had put a clear IR tint on my windshield and they were out of that so it has to go back in a few days when they get more film. I also have them replacing a broken "Mach-E 4X" emblem from the passenger door and that's back-ordered. Finally, some of the snaps on the front trunk-area plastic panel—which they had to remove to get to the battery—broke and they also are back-ordered so that's sitting in the back of the car. Will take it back in when all of that can be done in one visit.

Overall, I'm happy with the work and with my service rep, Jason Croy.

FWIW, the replacement charge door assembly (the black part on the inside with the hinge) only cost about $170 parts and labor. I thought it was going to be much higher. Unfortunately, the tiny dent I have where the charge door hyper-extended, is not something they could do via paintless-dent-repair so I told them to just leave it.

OP
OP
troublebot

troublebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium EXT AWD, Infinite Blue
Occupation
Industrial Design & Mechanical Engineering
Country flag
Awesome, thanks for the updated @ericNdfw and all the input from the rest, looks like I have some decent options around here.

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
PS: When I dropped mine off last week, they said they had done about 19 of these glass recalls before mine so they seem pretty experienced at it.
Sponsored