Marital Problems

randomvoice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Good thing my wife doesn't like to drive lol. We're kinda polar opposites in that sense. She gives me the keys (phone in this case) and I show grimace on the outside while the inside me is happy to drive my pony!
Sponsored

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
My wife only agreed to let me pre order the Mach E in Feb of 2020 to delay the conversion about replacing my car. Dragged her feet every time we moved to the next step. Got the car in March of 2021. She loves it drives it more than me. I got stuck with her Santa Fe for the most part. Her argument is she has to drive into the office and I WFH.
She loves the Mach E and she says to our 2 year old daughter all the time Mommies red car or Mommies Blue car. I lost both cars to my wife.

To be fair the Mach E gets a little over 10k miles a year now and our Santa Fe has been reduced to sub 4k.

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Does anyone else fight with their spouse over who gets to drive the MME?!? We bought my wife a Subaru Accent over the summer, a car she had wanted for a while. She then proceeded to make fun of me for my MME obsession while I waited for a December delivery. NOW she drives the MME anytime she can and asks to swap cars whenever she has a longer drive to ā€œsave gas.ā€ I didnā€™t think she would have any interest in the car and now sheā€™s the one who is obsessed šŸ˜‚.
My wife wonā€™t drive mine, she is too scared if something happens. Lol.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Julie loves riding in it, but only likes driving it. It's actually the biggest vehicle either of us has ever owned, and sometimes it feels that way when driving...especially with the big hood. She has even nicknamed it "Big Red". But the "EV-ness"...she loves. We only have (and need) one car right now, but if we go back to two, the next one will be a smaller EV for her.
LOL, volume-wise, the MME is one of the more mid-size cars I have owned. We bought the small Cadillac in 1969, and thatā€™s the biggest, heaviest car I have owned. The K/5 is larger in volume than the MME. The Catalinas and Bonnevilles were bigger but not as heavy as the MME. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

Lathrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
Well, wife has pretty much taken over the MME, to say that there might be a divorce if sold might be an understatement. She loves that car............

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
LOL, volume-wise, the MME is one of the more mid-size cars I have owned. We bought the small Cadillac in 1969, and thatā€™s the biggest, heaviest car I have owned. The K/5 is larger in volume than the MME. The Catalinas and Bonnevilles were bigger but not as heavy as the MME. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©
I'm old enough to remember that era, but by the time I was a driver, most cars got smaller. And then I turned into a eurosnob regarding cars and was pretty "anti-big-car" most of my life.

Now as an "old-man-with-a-bad-back", I prioritize comfort... šŸ˜œ

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<SNIP>
Now as an "old-man-with-a-bad-back", I prioritize comfort... šŸ˜œ
Iā€™m getting old. šŸ˜ŠšŸ© That 1969 Cadillac Coupe de Ville (factory screw-up with the convertible frame) was the most comfortable car Iā€™ve ever been in. Kind of dead for road feel as a driver, but as a passenger it was stupidly smooth and quiet. It was the proverbial living room on wheels. I kind of wish I didnā€™t sell it. Of course I also wish my dad didnā€™t sell his 1964 GTO drop-top. šŸ¤ŖšŸ©

EVinATL

First Name
Virginia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Iā€™m the wifeā€¦ and I ordered my MME. I am a engineer and I love gadgets. Since 2013 Iā€™ve had a Leaf, Volt and Fusion PHEV. Iā€™ve bought cars for the gadgets. (My husband has had the Mustang, Charger, Challengerā€¦) Cars just get you from one place to another.

Since the MMEā€¦ I get it. I love driving it!

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™m the wifeā€¦ and I ordered my MME. I am a engineer and I love gadgets. Since 2013 Iā€™ve had a Leaf, Volt and Fusion PHEV. Iā€™ve bought cars for the gadgets. (My husband has had the Mustang, Charger, Challengerā€¦) Cars just get you from one place to another.

Since the MMEā€¦ I get it. I love driving it!
Great for you. I'm the wife with the GTPE and it's an exciting thrill on unbridled! My husband is the best......

Bobcat17

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Great for you. I'm the wife with the GTPE and it's an exciting thrill on unbridled! My husband is the best......
I love Unbridled but feel like I have to go 100 mph. I usually keep in Whisper unless Iā€™m feeling risquĆ©.
Sponsored