mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
One concern I’ve had while waiting for my Mach E is the ability to get to some of the trailheads in the north cascades. I keep telling myself it should be able to get anywhere my Mazda 3 can get to.

Any thoughts/concerns on taking Mach E up in the mountains on fire roads?
Sponsored

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
One concern I’ve had while waiting for my Mach E is the ability to get to some of the trailheads in the north cascades. I keep telling myself it should be able to get anywhere my Mazda 3 can get to.

Any thoughts/concerns on taking Mach E up in the mountains on fire roads?
I've driven on a single dirt road in the Cascades so far, but it was less than a quarter mile long and in good condition. I can say that the ride quality is great, but between the long wheelbase and low ground clearance, I still share your anxiety.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I took my MME on a local gravel road that is pretty steep. The traction was excellent.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Ground clearance will be a limiting factor, you don't want to be banging up the undersides. I remember years ago I took an explorer on a road that I should not have, I did some damage to sheet metal and plastic. A well maintained forest service road may not be a problem.
Sponsored