Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Things don't start to get interesting until you're below 10v....

Not sure what moron was like "hey, when doing updates, let's make the 12v powered HV battery coolant pump run full bore!"

You need about 25 amps of power to do the updates.
When I did my updates, I had an ammeter clamped on the power supply lead and the highest readings I got was 34 amps and generally stay consistently at around 33.2 amps. GEEZ
Sponsored

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
When I did my updates, I had an ammeter clamped on the power supply lead and the highest readings I got was 34 amps and generally stay consistently at around 33.2 amps. GEEZ
What was the time frame? Was it one of the long updates? Did you have headlights / domelights / sync screen on? Climate, etc? With everything off, where in the hell was 33 amps going? Wow

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
In the past I have seen as high as 42A, but 33 and change sounds normal. 😊🐩

richsi

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla M3P, 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, not all the long updates using the USB drive does not load the power supply at all. Maybe a half a dozen modules. I did write down the modules as I updated them but didn't note when the power supply was getting hit hard. If I had to guess based on my list perhaps, BCM, OBCC, GSM, DCM, but don't quote me on that. No headlights on, yes dome lights and screen but no climate controls. I have to tell you people who don't use at least a 50AMP power supply are playing with fire this thing takes a lot of load, at one point the cooling fans on the power supply started running big time! Pumps run, fans run, funny noises in the back of the vehicle all kinds of noises. You do the USB updates with key on engine on so it uses the high voltage battery (dc to dc convertor) to power the vehicle during the updates. Quite an experience not for the faint of heart!

Jefke77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E4X
Country flag
Hi,
It looks like it's not possible to purchase a 2 days licence anymore? Only 1 day, 1 week?
Sponsored