Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This must have changed in 4.2.3 or 4.2.4, it used to say "Device not supported, please remove" when I tried to plug in my AirPods to charge on the USB ports under the screen. It was kind of confusing cause I wasn't sure if they were charging or not.

Now after the updates the message is "This USB device will charge only". So overall a pretty nice change!

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW message when plugging in unsupported USB device in Sync 1681743045968
Sponsored

TimW

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach -E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the update and the screenshot. This is a small but very welcome change.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This must have changed in 4.2.3 or 4.2.4, it used to say "Device not supported, please remove" when I tried to plug in my AirPods to charge on the USB ports under the screen. It was kind of confusing cause I wasn't sure if they were charging or not.

Now after the updates the message is "This USB device will charge only". So overall a pretty nice change!

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW message when plugging in unsupported USB device in Sync 1681743045968
I have gotten that message so many times I never read it anymore.

will have to take a closer look

thanks

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Unfortunately, for me, for both FAT32 and exFAT USB flash drives, Iā€™m getting the same message and I am unable to play music from it.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

geftsnowball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E, Grabber Blue, Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Unfortunately, for me, for both FAT32 and exFAT USB flash drives, Iā€™m getting the same message and I am unable to play music from it.

Anyone else experiencing the same?
Likely storage failed. Had this happen with a USB C drive after only a few months, switched back to my ~10 year old USB A with USB C adapter (USB A port in use) and it worked as expected. Drive that got this error was no longer readable elsewhere.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Likely storage failed. Had this happen with a USB C drive after only a few months, switched back to my ~10 year old USB A with USB C adapter (USB A port in use) and it worked as expected. Drive that got this error was no longer readable elsewhere.
Well, I hope so. Iā€™d take a failed storage any day over a failed set of ports. Iā€™ll update how it goes with another drive. Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So a different flash drive (Samsung FIT 3.1 formatted as FAT32) worked right away in the Mach E which was a relief.

But the Sandisk USB A/C USB flash drive that wasnā€™t getting detected in Ford works flawlessly in my other car (also a FAT32). Itā€™s really strange why Ford doesnā€™t see it but Lexus does right away.

Oh well.
Sponsored