Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Up to a week ago my Mach was dead quiet inside - just the usual road noise - lovely. Then all of a sudden I am experiencing a loud rattling sound going over slightly bumpy roads and which seems to be emanating from the front passenger side either from the dash or lower. I have emptied everything out of the glovebox and the whole car but it still rattles. It sounds as though whatever is rattling is inside something. I have tried banging on accessible surfaces but cannot find anything loose. I have felt behind the glovebox and under the top of the dash as far as I can reach but have not located the wretched thing. My car goes into the Ford dealer on Monday for it's first inspection service (only done 4300 miles so far) and I will request them to try and locate the noise. As the car is so very quiet otherwise I must say that this rattling is really annoying and spoiling my enjoyment. Has anyone encountered anything similar?
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
These cars are masters of throwing sounds into strange areas. One that eluded me for a while was the passenger seatbelt buckle rattling on the B pillar because it wasn’t lying flat. Soon as I sorted it peace and serenity were restored :)

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I found a water bottle cap and pencil in my rear seat middle arm rest. It's been the cause of noise for me for at least a month. Couldn't even see the thing when looking in the back seat but sure enough, my higher pitched plastic 'tic' was from that.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
These cars are masters of throwing sounds into strange areas. One that eluded me for a while was the passenger seatbelt buckle rattling on the B pillar because it wasn’t lying flat. Soon as I sorted it peace and serenity were restored :)
In that case I will check everything everywhere - thanks.
I’ve checked the passenger seatbelt and it‘s not that - so Sherlock Holmes hat on tomorrow morning - hope it’s not a two pipe problem!

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dropped the glovebox to ensure that nothing had lodged behind it. Nothing there and could not find anything loose. Removed everything from all parts of the vehicle and left nothing loose or knocking. Seatbelts were all clipped in place and well clear of any body panels. Blasted rattle seemingly from the dashboard still evident on driving! Only suspicious thing I could find was that the 12v battery cover panel in the Frunk did make a similar noise if I tapped on it. I might try stuffing some foam under it and see what happens. Anyway have asked my Ford dealer to investigate on the first inspection service.

RonOinAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Premium 4X
Country flag
I've found rattles coming from the little springy contacts mounted around the perimeter inside the front cupholders. Mine don't rattle when there's nothing in the cupholder but certain sized water bottles turn those contacts into tap-dancers.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I've found rattles coming from the little springy contacts mounted around the perimeter inside the front cupholders. Mine don't rattle when there's nothing in the cupholder but certain sized water bottles turn those contacts into tap-dancers.
On that note, the plastic ring around the top of a 20 oz soda or water bottle will also rattle like mad. Took me some time to realize my mistake on that one.

Dunc999

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E RWD SR
Country flag
Up to a week ago my Mach was dead quiet inside - just the usual road noise - lovely. Then all of a sudden I am experiencing a loud rattling sound going over slightly bumpy roads and which seems to be emanating from the front passenger side either from the dash or lower. I have emptied everything out of the glovebox and the whole car but it still rattles. It sounds as though whatever is rattling is inside something. I have tried banging on accessible surfaces but cannot find anything loose. I have felt behind the glovebox and under the top of the dash as far as I can reach but have not located the wretched thing. My car goes into the Ford dealer on Monday for it's first inspection service (only done 4300 miles so far) and I will request them to try and locate the noise. As the car is so very quiet otherwise I must say that this rattling is really annoying and spoiling my enjoyment. Has anyone encountered anything similar?
I have the same, seemingly from the passenger door, or/and left hand side of the centre console. Particularly bad on the concrete section of the M25 between J9 and 10, which I use a lot. Be interested to hear what the dealer says. I have to turn the music up on that bit of road!!

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yup especially noisy on rough concrete section roads!

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Further update - I’m wondering whether the rattle is coming from the charging tray. I removed the rubber mat and tapped the side of the structure which gave a distinct plasticty rattle. If I held down the charging pad - no rattle. I think the pad is screwed down. Anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored