Not fully charging to preset FordPass location level.

curiousurick

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’ve seen this issue and I keep it plugged in until I’m ready to leave. Consistently, it drops 5-8% by the time I want to leave. If it was 1%, it would be fine but this is concerning. I leave it unplugged the entire time until I get it to 20% and I never see even a 1% drop between drives after the big drop after charging.
Sponsored

FME

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD/EX
Country flag
Have you tried the charger that came with the car since you’ve been experiencing this issue?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I too am leaning toward a charger issue here. You say when the car is unplugged, there is no phantom battery drain. I left my car unplugged for 2 weeks and only lost 2 percent. Can you try a different L2 charger? Does this happen if you plug in using the included charger but on a 110V socket?

But to answer your overall question, no this isn’t something we’re seeing regularly.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
try charging it with the portable evse if you can. A 7 or 8% drop sounds abnormally high.

OP
OP

wadeblakey

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2021 BMW X5. 2017 Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I unplug it after FordPass tells me the charge is complete (to 90%). The cooling fan has shout off. When I enter the car after unplugging it, it shows the 90% (or 89%) charge. In minutes to an hour (without moving the car and with the car off), the charge drops to about 80-82%…. My concern is that on road trips one has to disconnect from a public charger within 10-15 minutes or pay idle time fees. And route planners expect charges to specified levels in order to make it to the next charging location.

OP
OP

wadeblakey

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2021 BMW X5. 2017 Fusion Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I too am leaning toward a charger issue here. You say when the car is unplugged, there is no phantom battery drain. I left my car unplugged for 2 weeks and only lost 2 percent. Can you try a different L2 charger? Does this happen if you plug in using the included charger but on a 110V socket?

But to answer your overall question, no this isn’t something we’re seeing regularly.
Remember, it is the FordPass app and the car that tell me it is charged to the target level - they shut off the charge session. The charger does not know the target level. I have used the 110v included charger, but not to pre-set levels. I am not inclined to wait for 1% charging per hour…
Sponsored