First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pac Hybrid, Mazda CX-5, Suburu Outback
Country flag
Hey all,

"on-line purchasing" in quotes because eventually you end up dealing with the dealer. Thanks to
GoGoGadgetMachE for this thread on how the process works.

But, as many of you know, there are many things to be worked out. I completed mine and was given a "Guaranteed" trade-in value of 21.5K through the checkout system and was quite happy with that. Also have x-plan pricing. I send a print out to the dealer as he seems to have no clue how to get this info out of the system. He then proceeds to give me an offer sheet with a 19.5K trade-in and without the X-Plan. He added the X-plan in with no hassle but clearly didn't even peruse the document I sent.

Anyway, I want to concentrate on stories about trade-ins. It seems pretty clear to me that Ford needs to honor that online price or they really open themselves up to false advertising. Below is the language used and you can see a screenshot on the thread linked above. Any stories out there of hassle free success? I suppose I will reach out to the customer experience folks if the dealer doesn't come around as the car is ready to go but I want what was spit out to me through the online purchase, nothing more, nothing less. I'm curious what others suggest or have experienced as Ford tries to move into a modern way to sell cars.

Get More than an Estimate, Get a Guaranteed Offer.
Do you own or finance your existing vehicle? Tell us about your vehicle and we'll tell you what it's worth based on the same data used to value trade-ins across the industry. If your vehicle qualifies, you'll get a trade valuation you can trust, knowing it will be backed by Ford when you purchase your new vehicle.
[Some more on if you have a lease].

Fine print: Vehicle must pass a mandatory vehicle inspection by participating dealer. Your trade-in appraisal is based on information collected from the online questionnaire about your vehicle. If the inspection report differs from your description or online assessment of your vehicle's condition, the participating dealer may adjust the trade-in appraisal, which may mean decreasing the appraisal amount or disallowing the vehicle. Must take delivery of any new Ford or Lincoln vehicle from a participating dealer. [A bit more about privacy]
Sponsored