Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
For those that have completed the online purchase process, how soon before delivery is the option available, and is it pretty seamless? Just wondering since I am trying to avoid doing any paperwork at the dealership and also price my trade in. Thanks!
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For those that have completed the online purchase process, how soon before delivery is the option available, and is it pretty seamless? Just wondering since I am trying to avoid doing any paperwork at the dealership and also price my trade in. Thanks!
The online purchasing process is not live yet.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Didn’t know that! Bummer, thought it was. Any idea when?
Ford hasn't given an update other than that it has been delayed and is not currently available. Until we hear otherwise, the purchase transaction is going to have to happen through the dealer.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Ford hasn't given an update other than that it has been delayed and is not currently available. Until we hear otherwise, the purchase transaction is going to have to happen through the dealer.
I'm hearing the eCommerce target now is late Q1 2021 or early Q2 2021. We'll see how things go.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm hearing the eCommerce target now is late Q1 2021 or early Q2 2021. We'll see how things go.
See, everyone is sad about shipment/delivery delays but here's a positive side to them! ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if that will eliminate the whole process of having to teach dealers about Options. In theory, we should be able to select our financing and do it all ourselves through the eCommerce sight eventually, right?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I wonder if that will eliminate the whole process of having to teach dealers about Options. In theory, we should be able to select our financing and do it all ourselves through the eCommerce sight eventually, right?
I know of the testing going on but I don't know what financing scenarios will be available at launch. The eCommerce process still runs the transaction through the dealers.

OP
OP
Orangefirefish

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
You know, that’s what I’m concerned about, I’m optimistic that won’t be the case but seeing some of the other forum experiences thus far, that might not be the case. I think what I might end up doing is just have the dealer send me all the numbers upfront so as to minimize the hassle on site. If anything, for me the most annoying part of car buying is waiting for the salesperson to make multiple trips between the financing office and the sales office, all that back and forth. I’d want to just inspect, sign, drive.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You know, that’s what I’m concerned about, I’m optimistic that won’t be the case but seeing some of the other forum experiences thus far, that might not be the case. I think what I might end up doing is just have the dealer send me all the numbers upfront so as to minimize the hassle on site. If anything, for me the most annoying part of car buying is waiting for the salesperson to make multiple trips between the financing office and the sales office, all that back and forth. I’d want to just inspect, sign, drive.
That they will do - as you suggest , just get everything done by email and phone. Most dealers are doing that today as far as I know.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I know of the testing going on but I don't know what financing scenarios will be available at launch. The eCommerce process still runs the transaction through the dealers.
Thought so, there has to be something for the dealers in the process as outside of Tesla every other car company is tied to the dealer.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
So far you still can't escape the Ford dealer process. maybe some day. One can only hope.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Goodness I hope so. I've had to hold my dealers' hand through this entire process - from "what is options" to "oh you mean a lease" to "oh that's not available in Michigan" etc. etc.

Still don't have a quote on Options yet...
Sponsored