scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
After 6 wonderful months of ownership, our Mach E GT was taken from us by our insurance company. We were hit from behind, although the damage doesn't really show that. I am glad I don't have to deal with a body shop and a repaired vehicle, but we sure do miss this car. I will say the car is built like a tank and I feel better about its safety now than I did before. RIP Mustang Mach E GT.

Bad_Mach_E_2.jpeg
Sad to see this, but very glad you and your family are safe.

Too soon to call dibs on your HVBJB to have a spare?

OP
OP

CobraDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Mustang; 2021 Mach E
Country flag
I didn't have an opportunity to get anything good out of the car. The insurance company took the car hundreds of miles away to a Coparts yard quickly. We're lucky we emptied the interior of our belongings on site.

OP
OP

CobraDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad your family is ok. Any more pics? Theres obviously more damage we can’t see in the original pic. I also have to wonder about batteries and insurance companies parting out like ICE cars. Even salvage titles and such.

Anyone needing modules or a junction box at a discounted but still high price?
I believe the damage didn't look so bad, the damage was all along the passenger side, nose to tail. The inner structure was most likely tweaked all along the length of the car.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I wonder why it needs to be replaced when repairs will cost less than a new car, if you can find one.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I wonder why it needs to be replaced when repairs will cost less than a new car, if you can find one.
I have a feeling the price the insurance company received from selling the car to Copart was so high in today's crazy market that it was cheaper to pay the insured and sell the totaled car than to pay to have a body shop fix the damage from the accident.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Cobra Dan: What are you replacing it with?

OP
OP

CobraDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Crilly, I'm all over the map looking for a replacement car. I'm looking at new EVs, used minivans, Shelbys... It's crazy that I want to buy a car and I can't find one. I spent an hour at a Ford store the other day and the only thing we discussed was ADM. Mavericks, Broncos, GT500, and Mach E's. If they could have budged on the markup on any of them, I was ready to buy. I'm thinking I might find a used Sienna and drive a comfy minivan until the crazy blows over.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have a GTPE, orange I could sell you for what dealer would give me for trade in. 7500 miles, orange.

I have a Lightning showing up any day now.

[email protected]

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi Crilly, I'm all over the map looking for a replacement car. I'm looking at new EVs, used minivans, Shelbys... It's crazy that I want to buy a car and I can't find one. I spent an hour at a Ford store the other day and the only thing we discussed was ADM. Mavericks, Broncos, GT500, and Mach E's. If they could have budged on the markup on any of them, I was ready to buy. I'm thinking I might find a used Sienna and drive a comfy minivan until the crazy blows over.
Finding a minivan might not be so easy these days.

WSJ: The Hot Ride This Memorial Day Weekend Is a Minivan. Good Luck Finding One.

I know there is a paywall, a couple of highlights:

“The average price of new minivans as a category was up 43% nationwide in the first quarter of 2022 from the same quarter in 2017, the largest percentage gain of any vehicle category, reports Edmunds.com, a car-information site. Prices of three-year-old Dodge Grand Caravans were up 64% in the quarter from the year-earlier quarter—to just over $25,000—making them the vehicle in the popular used-car-age group that has climbed the most by percentage.

Toyota says sales of its Sienna—the nation’s bestselling minivan in 2021, according to Edmunds—more than doubled last year from 2020. Doug Eroh, president of Longo Toyota in El Monte, Calif., says the dealership has stopped taking Sienna orders, with a wait list of 1,500 hopeful buyers he says will likely take more than a year to satisfy.“

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Obviously I’m sure you’re aware that you can get the car repaired and pay the difference of the cost over the payout. Worth considering since you can’t find a replacement but depends on the damage. Cosmetic mostly only? Good luck either way.
Not worth it.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
It's even more surprising that they have estimated retail value listed as $60,350. For a base Select?
Carmax has a Select listed for $65k right now.......

Ford Mustang Mach-E One fewer Mach-E GT - Totaled carmax
Sponsored