Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I ordered July 9 with an order number of 10110012

Looks like they took in many orders in one day.
There's probably blocks of numbers. I'd guess you're #12 in your block. But how many blocks there are we have no idea. Or how they're assigned.
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag
Question - we had a reservation number, and then when converted to an order, the same reservation number changed to an order number. I was just emailed a week or so go with an Order ID, which is significantly different and lower than my order number. Does anyone know what the Order ID means or is used for?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Question - we had a reservation number, and then when converted to an order, the same reservation number changed to an order number. I was just emailed a week or so go with an Order ID, which is significantly different and lower than my order number. Does anyone know what the Order ID means or is used for?
I see your reservation number was 10040236. What was your order ID?

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3, Tahoe, Mustang Mach E Premium (on order)
Occupation
Communications/Marketing
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

and this email came from Ford Motor Company, not my dealer.
Various forks have reported different order ID numbers that seem to be related to order IDs between Ford and dealers, or dealers and customers. While it's possible the number relates to the build queue and is based on your order date (late February / early March?), I think it is more likely it is independent.

I've seen speculation some order IDs seem to bear a relationship to VINS. Whether they really are is still an open question.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Various forks have reported different order ID numbers that seem to be related to order IDs between Ford and dealers, or dealers and customers. While it's possible the number relates to the build queue and is based on your order date (late February / early March?), I think it is more likely it is independent.

I've seen speculation some order IDs seem to bear a relationship to VINS. Whether they really are is still an open question.
Interesting thing Mark, my reservation and order are 35995. Yet the same paperwork referred to above also shows an order number of ... 9000. All this is why I gave up trying to make sense of the system in use. It makes sense to someone trained in the system but not to me. I now know how some passengers feel when they look in our cockpits. ;)

If my dealer is on the ball (very highly doubtful -- a subject of another thread someday perhaps), I fully expect to see the vehicle in Hilo sometime around the mid-March through the end of April time frame. And I'll probably still not know what the "9000" refers to. A grander version of the Movie "The 300?" The 9,000th MME Orchid Isle Ford takes delivery on? It's a question we'll likely never know the answer to, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I really doubt it has anything to do with build queue. For one thing, I don't think that hasn't even been determined yet. And people were getting the 4-digit Order IDs a month ago when the first orders were converted.

But moreover, the number is way too short for the # of MMEs. And the numbers seem to show no pattern or relevance to when people reserved.

I highly suspect it's only a DEALER order ID (i.e. a number within that dealer's own universe of all orders, not just MMEs). My guess is the dealer code probably gets appended to it when Ford sees it. For instance, my Order ID is 6554 and my Dealer Code is F56444. So to Ford that probably looks like order# F56444-6554 (or something of the sort).

My guess anyway. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with priority or queuing.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting thing Mark, my reservation and order are 35995. Yet the same paperwork referred to above also shows an order number of ... 9000. All this is why I gave up trying to make sense of the system in use. It makes sense to someone trained in the system but not to me. I now know how some passengers feel when they look in our cockpits. ;)

If my dealer is on the ball (very highly doubtful -- a subject of another thread someday perhaps), I fully expect to see the vehicle in Hilo sometime around the mid-March through the end of April time frame. And I'll probably still not know what the "9000" refers to. A grander version of the Movie "The 300?" The 9,000th MME Orchid Isle Ford takes delivery on? It's a question we'll likely never know the answer to, just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
I kind of agree with you here. My Ford rep gave me a copy of what his sales director gave him to had to my file and when I saw him I did ask for it. On this sheet of paper they have an indication of a sale order code which is 3300, that seems to correspond to a K3S Premium AWD and I don't think it is very meaningfull. According to my res date I don't expect delivery before March-April also. They also have a sale code number CB2597 ???? By the way I will send the rep an email since he was suppose to confirm my whish to change to the Light Space Grey seat color, but didn't hear from him yet. Talking about dealer's being on the ball ?????

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
I have looked/searched for this information but have not found anywhere. (I am not saying that it isn't here. Just so someone doesn't get mad.)
Facts-
I placed reservation on 10 Jan (35075).
I converted to order on 29 June. My reservation # changed to my order #.
I have found no ID # for order.

Not necessarily facts-
Order #'s were not consecutive.
Order #'s had gaps in them.
People who are waiting for orders with reservation numbers keep their position until they cancel. (probably fact)

Is there any information anywhere about:
A. if you had a reservation
B. have your car on order already
About when you would get your car, relative to when you originally reserved your vehicle?

I know it gets into the FE, Premium, GT, Standard models, foreign, domestic . . . . (a lot of variables)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have looked/searched for this information but have not found anywhere. (I am not saying that it isn't here. Just so someone doesn't get mad.)
Facts-
I placed reservation on 10 Jan (35075).
I converted to order on 29 June. My reservation # changed to my order #.
I have found no ID # for order.

Not necessarily facts-
Order #'s were not consecutive.
Order #'s had gaps in them.
People who are waiting for orders with reservation numbers keep their position until they cancel. (probably fact)

Is there any information anywhere about:
A. if you had a reservation
B. have your car on order already
About when you would get your car, relative to when you originally reserved your vehicle?

I know it gets into the FE, Premium, GT, Standard models, foreign, domestic . . . . (a lot of variables)
That's a lot in one post. There is a TON of discussion on the sequencing and priorities, but what is clear is that the reservation and order numbers DO NOT directly determine build scheduling or delivery. Scheduling was supposed to have already been started, so those with reservations but not orders are likely going to be pushed out behind the orders currently in the system. Ford has to make a schedule on orders in hand, not possible orders. That scheduling will involve several components (model, reservation timestamp, NA or EU, etc), and it is clear that 2 orders for the same model and market will be prioritized by reservation timestamp (not number). It is also likely FE will come before premium, which will come before select & rt1.

The scheduling process will take time and occur in phases, so some people will get the information about build and delivery dates before others.
Sponsored