shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
They don't know. Expecting 12 weeks or so but Ford should know.
If u do 100 a week & ur 1000 on a list its easy math. Technology too good.
Back when I converted my original reservation in June 2020, Ford was still saying that deliveries would be before end of the year. My dealer called me and said end of 21st quarter. The dealer turned out to be very close. It arrived 3/6. One of the reasons, I wasn't fretting about delivery delays, the dealer set the expectations.
Sponsored

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ā€˜16 fusion energi, ā€˜14 Focus EV
Country flag
The thing is I am willing to wait. Just throw me a bone. Give me a delivery month and Iā€™ll shut up and patiently wait, well perhaps not patiently but at least quietly.

For almost $60k is that an unreasonable request?
Many have said it would be nice to have a "You are X number in the queue for production date"

OP
OP

Jdonnarumma

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Mach-E
Country flag
The thing is I am willing to wait. Just throw me a bone. Give me a delivery month and Iā€™ll shut up and patiently wait, well perhaps not patiently but at least quietly.

For almost $60k is that an unreasonable request?
Larry....you hit the nail on the head....ford should have a chronological list of orders. You are X on that list. We make about Y cars a week. Figure out a delivery. Production problems?? Push out the date. Its called transparency. If we decide its going to take to long....allow us to cancel. Pretty simple.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
For me the delays arenā€™t the issue. The lack of information is. Itā€™s not just me. Iā€™ve dealt with my salesman before. I trust him. Ford has him as much in the dark as I. Ditto for his manager and even the regional rep.
There's nothing to tell you. Factories are shutting down due to chip shortages. Coronavirus is still a thing. Chip factories are shutting down due to fires. None of this is a secret. It's in the news, as are factory shutdowns.

You ordered this month? June, maybe later, build week if the factory has no additional delays (best case scenario and unlikely) delivery no earlier than 7 weeks after that. Ford will let you know when your build week is about 6 weeks ahead of time.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There's nothing to tell you. Factories are shutting down due to chip shortages. Coronavirus is still a thing. Chip factories are shutting down due to fires. None of this is a secret. It's in the news, as are factory shutdowns.

You ordered this month? June, maybe later, build week if the factory has no additional delays (best case scenario and unlikely) delivery no earlier than 7 weeks after that. Ford will let you know when your build week is about 6 weeks ahead of time.
Sorry but no. Thatā€™s unacceptable. Ford was the first assembly line manufacturer in this country. Theyā€™ve been at it for over a century. They have projected schedules for every contingency we can imagine plus a few we canā€™t. There is a database somewhere with the best and worst case projected delivery dates for our cars. They arenā€™t guessing.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Sorry but no. Thatā€™s unacceptable. Ford was the first assembly line manufacturer in this country. Theyā€™ve been at it for over a century. They have projected schedules for every contingency we can imagine plus a few we canā€™t. There is a database somewhere with the best and worst case projected delivery dates for our cars. They arenā€™t guessing.
You obviously havenā€™t been paying attention. Wishful thinking will not solve world wide parts shortages which cross multiple industries. Magic isnā€™t real.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You obviously havenā€™t been paying attention. Wishful thinking will not solve world wide parts shortages which cross multiple industries. Magic isnā€™t real.
I guess it might seem like magic but itā€™s more commonly referred to as supply chain management and itā€™s very real.

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
Hmmm, where is that ignore button.....................................there it is.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
.ford should have a chronological list of orders. You are X on that list. We make about Y cars a week. Figure out a delivery. Production problems?? Push out the date. Its called transparency. If we decide its going to take to long....allow us to cancel. Pretty simple.
Sure, they should. But they don't. That sucks, but you now know that going into it.

Sorry but no. Thatā€™s unacceptable.
Then don't accept it. Nobody's forcing you to.

Knewbrou

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 extended range, RWD, star white, premium MME
Country flag
Larry....you hit the nail on the head....ford should have a chronological list of orders. You are X on that list. We make about Y cars a week. Figure out a delivery. Production problems?? Push out the date. Its called transparency. If we decide its going to take to long....allow us to cancel. Pretty simple.
They aren't made in chronological order. They batch make same batteries, colors, trims. Plus supply shortages are crushing their output. It isn't a fast food line where the guy in front of you gets his, then you get yours. I feel the frustration though. Put in my order on 1/27/21 and don't have a production date or VIN yet but based on other's timing on this site, should be close to those.
Sponsored