Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
A dealer not too far from here is selling a 2021 GTPE with no markup. I am tempted to swing by there and seal the deal but I also kind of want to wait till "mine" is built according to my specifications. I am also not entirely sure what to do with the order if I end up purchasing it from the dealer. Is it that easy to cancel online and get the deposit back?
It depends on the dealer unfortunately. Each dealer has their own policy about refunds.
Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
I ordered on 10/22 and dealer told me 6 months, maybe 8.
I ordered 10-18. My dealer "thought" March/April. I got the Premium not the GT. Am having thoughts about that to. Wonder if the order could be changed? Or do you drop back to the rear of the line?

OP
OP
Feeling Unbridled
First Name
Srini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Excellent question and one I had also. I asked the dealer and he said the $500 deposit was more or less a placeholder. Before assigning the build to production someone apparently calls you to verify no changes are needed and you can finalize your spec with them. Again, with all things Mach-E and Ford dealerships, take this with the usual dosage of salt.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Excellent question and one I had also. I asked the dealer and he said the $500 deposit was more or less a placeholder. Before assigning the build to production someone apparently calls you to verify no changes are needed and you can finalize your spec with them. Again, with all things Mach-E and Ford dealerships, take this with the usual dosage of salt.
I never knew someone calls you to go over your order. Thats interesting. Well we both ordered on 10-18. So lets see how she rolls, best of luck. ?

OP
OP
Feeling Unbridled
First Name
Srini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just texted the sales guy at the dealer I placed the order with. He said since it's a 2022, it won't see production until January. I said that's way too early compared to Ford's build time and other people's delivery dates. He said 3 months is the average time for a new production build and if anything the GT might take an extra couple of weeks. Either he knows something I don't or he is blowing smoke up my exhaust. Impossible for me to tell as of now. Either way, I am buckled down for the long haul. Decided to just wait out the process.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I just texted the sales guy at the dealer I placed the order with. He said since it's a 2022, it won't see production until January. I said that's way too early compared to Ford's build time and other people's delivery dates. He said 3 months is the average time for a new production build and if anything the GT might take an extra couple of weeks. Either he knows something I don't or he is blowing smoke up my exhaust. Impossible for me to tell as of now.
Plus, dont forget. There are plenty of folks that ordered 2021 models, that are now pushed into 2022 models. Point is, a bit more of a line. But we are better off than folks ordering today, I would think. And we get to pass time here, read stuff and learn stuff.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Thanks. Dealer seems to think the 6+ month build time is generous and that they typically see them within 4 months. I also changed the color to the premium Star White Metallic. I saw one on the road after I placed my order and it looks very clean. Any other owners with this paint having any regrets?
I ordered the star white GTPE. zero regrets! I love so much about this car but the star white paint is very multi-dimensional. Iā€™ve had the car exactly 2 weeks after a 6 month wait. It was worth it.

concept machine

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350R, Tacoma TRD Pro, Escape, Veloster
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I ordered 10-18. My dealer "thought" March/April. I got the Premium not the GT. Am having thoughts about that to. Wonder if the order could be changed? Or do you drop back to the rear of the line?
I don't think it matters on the trim level. My dealer has a certain amount of allocations for it and he told me I could order whatever I wanted.
I'm sure you can change your order.
as far as delivery, that may change tho.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
I ordered the star white GTPE. zero regrets! I love so much about this car but the star white paint is very multi-dimensional. Iā€™ve had the car exactly 2 weeks after a 6 month wait. It was worth it.
ME TOO! STAR WHITE, switched from Black.

OP
OP
Feeling Unbridled
First Name
Srini
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to see other Star White Metallic fans out there. I haven't seen one in person but the pics and vids I've seen look pretty good., especially with the tinted roof and the black accents at the bottom. I have some plans on adding more black and red accents in the future to make it really pop.

MrClean

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
428i, X1, Mach-e GTPE on order
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Congrats on your order!

Yeah, I wish it was 4 months. i would already be driving my GT-PE and not stuck waiting. Come find the rest of us who are waiting for our rides in the Grumpy thread. Weā€™re ejecting a few peeps due to their having gotten their cars.
I ordered my GTP in August and finally got a build date of mid-January. I donā€™t expect to see it until late March or April.

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I ordered a Premium Star White in August, changed it to a GT a few weeks ago, and now to a GTPE a few days ago. As of now i still donā€™t have a scheduled production date. My dealer said it could take a bit longer due to it being the PE. I just want a scheduled date already!

dwee415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber blue Mach E GT non-performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
You can modify your order as long as you don't have a production date yet. It won't change your place in line. Once you have a production date, it's too late.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Once you have a production date, Is there anyway to change the vehicle color?
Almost certainly not. Best bet, live with it or order another one and refuse delivery of the first one. The dealer wonā€™t mind one bit as theyā€™ll tack on an ADM and sell it within a few days.
Sponsored