Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This was a cancelled order from the end of the 2022 model year (build date Sept 2022), had been at the dealership a little over a year, had 210 miles on it. They started the software updates early in the morning, gave me the car before lunch, but the main screen would not turn on. I was told that one more off/on cycle would have completed the morning updates and the screen would have come on for me - the technician said the screen came on wnen he powered up after he got it back just before lunch. But, I had asked them about 2 Customer Satisfaction updates (thanks to Members of this Forum!!) and he found one that had not completed (BC was a big one apparently). When the technician went back to complete that one, he apparently contacted Ford and found a few other updates available, which he downloaded and installed. Finally drove it home mid afternoon. Was told he had downloaded/installed several Gb of updates. I wonder how much storage these cars have?

Today is now the second day in my possession and everything with SYNC 4a seems to be working properly. Car drives so much better than my 2021 CR1! BlueCruise is quite fun! Any other tests or things I should look for to make sure everything is properly up to date for a new 2022?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
i'm jealous of your Magneride. Congrats on the upgrade! What did the dealer give you for a trade in on your CR1 and what did they sell you the GTPE for?

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Today is now the second day in my possession and everything with SYNC 4a seems to be working properly. Car drives so much better than my 2021 CR1! BlueCruise is quite fun! Any other tests or things I should look for to make sure everything is properly up to date for a new 2022?
PM your vin and I'll check if they actually updated you or not. Go to your "about sync" option and see if your APIM is actually up to date. A 2022 sitting in the dealer would have likely needed 10 hours worth of updates.

Welcome to the PE club. Get some easier to clean wheels 😈
Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707928782228

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Updates at dealer should be done, and FDRS refreshed, until nothing remains. Could take an entire day.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
PM your vin and I'll check if they actually updated you or not. Go to your "about sync" option and see if your APIM is actually up to date. A 2022 sitting in the dealer would have likely needed 10 hours worth of updates.

Welcome to the PE club. Get some easier to clean wheels 😈
Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707928782228
They spent about 5 hours, not 10. I now have that message: "Drive Mode Not Available", so that was at least one they missed. For the "About Sync" option - is that on the car rather than FordPass?

Thanks for your PM offer @Hammered! Sent VIN.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Ha, typical dealer --- here's available updates. Without knowing what sync you're on, the GWM could unlock another.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707931642518

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Ha, typical dealer --- here's available updates. Without knowing what sync you're on, the GWM could unlock another.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707931642518
That's why when I bought my truck, 11 months after it's build date, I required them to run and rerun FDRS until nothing was left, and specified that language in the agreement. When checked, there was nothing left. Took 11.5 hours as I recall.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
Here's what was done, and given the fact that there's still some of these left, they clearly didn't get it to the latest versions
Times are Start / End
Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707932069031

Ford Mustang Mach-E New 2022 GTPE Purchase - Software Updates by Dealer 1707932124643

They spent not even 2 hours on it in total including 1hr for APIM.

I'd demand HCM, OBCC, GWM, PSCM, IPMA, SCCM, CMR, GFM, RFA and HVAC updates and any of the same that show up post completion after a few network scans. The rest will OTA. That will bring the car up to BC 1.4 standards. The lane change / lane bias functionality can be unlocked with forscan if desired.

Last edited:
OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
i'm jealous of your Magneride. Congrats on the upgrade! What did the dealer give you for a trade in on your CR1 and what did they sell you the GTPE for?
They paid off my 4 yr Options contract (1 year early - next week is my 3 year anniversary), balance at over $27k on my CR1. Sale price was about $50k, with 2022 sticker showing $72,410. Still seems like a decent deal even allowing for 2023 models selling at about $5k to $10k below Sticker MSRP. According to build date, this was likely one of the last few 2022 builds. They still have 15 GTPE 2023 on the lot!

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This was a cancelled order from the end of the 2022 model year (build date Sept 2022), had been at the dealership a little over a year, had 210 miles on it. They started the software updates early in the morning, gave me the car before lunch, but the main screen would not turn on. I was told that one more off/on cycle would have completed the morning updates and the screen would have come on for me - the technician said the screen came on wnen he powered up after he got it back just before lunch. But, I had asked them about 2 Customer Satisfaction updates (thanks to Members of this Forum!!) and he found one that had not completed (BC was a big one apparently). When the technician went back to complete that one, he apparently contacted Ford and found a few other updates available, which he downloaded and installed. Finally drove it home mid afternoon. Was told he had downloaded/installed several Gb of updates. I wonder how much storage these cars have?

I traded my '21 GT for a new '22 GTPE that was on the lot for 6 months. I knew immediately it was not up to date as it had the old user interface and requested they updated everything. They hooked it up and said "everything's up to date, nothing we can do", it's been 8 months and I just now got 5.1.1, the only thing that mattered to me was getting the new interface (need my camera button on top!), once that happened, I stopped caring about the updates 🤣

In any case, congrats on the upgrade, I love both Magneride and the new seats and am so happy I upgraded, and you got a great price too (mine was only 9k off MSRP in June)

Jtg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
@Hammered would you be able to check what updates are available for my GT if I message you the VIN. My GT has been at the dealer for over 3 weeks getting the HVBJB recall. I have also requested that they update the software as I have not received updates in a long time. Last update received was 4.2.6. I am not very happy with this dealer and skeptical that they will actually even try to load the updates and want to be able to verify what they actually did load.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
@Hammered would you be able to check what updates are available for my GT if I message you the VIN. My GT has been at the dealer for over 3 weeks getting the HVBJB recall. I have also requested that they update the software as I have not received updates in a long time. Last update received was 4.2.6. I am not very happy with this dealer and skeptical that they will actually even try to load the updates and want to be able to verify what they actually did load.
Yes. They won't update any software that's not part of a TSB/CSP type thing from ford. They don't get paid for it.

OP
OP
engnrng

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes. They won't update any software that's not part of a TSB/CSP type thing from ford. They don't get paid for it.
We will see. I received a call today from the Dealer. They are going to send my salesman 30 miles and exchange my car for a loaner. He will drive my car back to the Dealer and they will work on getting the updates completed for as long as it takes! Also, this past week I receive 2 notices that more updates completed install. Don't know if they were on your list, though @Hammered ...

Bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE GT Performance
Occupation
VP
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have a 2022 GTPE purchased new in Canada but have now moved to US (Alabama) love the car and have never had any issues with it have around 30,000 miles.
Just reading about all of these update makes me wonder if I need any, can anyone help me?

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag