First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
I won’t be asking for the donation….

I’ve updated the first post in my original tracking thread for an explanation. Thanks for all the feed back!
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I won’t be asking for the donation….

I’ve updated the first post in my original tracking thread for an explanation. Thanks for all the feed back!
No - don’t do it! You will go insane and also feed their insanity! The car will only get there when it does and no amount of updates will change it.

OP
OP
emersonsdad

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
No - don’t do it! You will go insane and also feed their insanity! The car will only get there when it does and no amount of updates will change it.
🤣 But it was fun tracking my own cars progress and yes I was insane about it. Even went so far as to make sure I was on the train my car was on. 🤦🏻‍♂️

ItsFootballTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, Mach-e GT (on order)
Country flag
@emersonsdad I do pricing for a living (i.e. figure how much companies should charge for services/products). $1 is a bit low. More than happy to pay you $10 or even $20. With higher prices, fewer people will ask so that's a way to control volume.

But the big thing is to not get into trouble as noted by a few other people on this thread. So if it is directly tied where the fee is for checking the system then I'd be careful. Hopefully there's a lawyer on here to provide guidance. But calling it a donation without explicitly tying it to you checking the system may be better. Since I'm no lawyer, I recommend being careful.

OP
OP
emersonsdad

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
@emersonsdad I do pricing for a living (i.e. figure how much companies should charge for services/products). $1 is a bit low. More than happy to pay you $10 or even $20. With higher prices, fewer people will ask so that's a way to control volume.

But the big thing is to not get into trouble as noted by a few other people on this thread. So if it is directly tied where the fee is for checking the system then I'd be careful. Hopefully there's a lawyer on here to provide guidance. But calling it a donation without explicitly tying it to you checking the system may be better. Since I'm no lawyer, I recommend being careful.
Yeah I updated my thinking above. Thanks for the input.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also think there might be a TSA issue involved here. I always get a side eye when I'm taking videos of trains in Montana. There seems to be a white van following me around. Of course it could just be me - right?

OP
OP
emersonsdad

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
I also think there might be a TSA issue involved here. I always get a side eye when I'm taking videos of trains in Montana. There seems to be a white van following me around. Of course it could just be me - right?
We usually leave foamers alone unless they’re standing on the tracks or in a rail yard. 😂

OP
OP
emersonsdad

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
But for real, people hanging around the tracks is a big thing right now. Especially around intermodal trains. Lots of break ins. There was a newscast about the train thefts in Los Angeles and since then it’s been bonkers. All it did was give people that hadn’t thought about breaking into trains an idea.

meltonkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium Grabber Blue
Country flag
Personally, I wouldn't be willing to pay for someone to track my vehicle, but I would be willing to donate to someone doing me a favor and telling me what they know, based on their available resources. It may just seem like semantics, but I think it's fair to buy someone lunch for spending their time helping me answer my question.
Sponsored