methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
But then why not just a cheap mobile charger, or a second ford one?
Wanted 40A charging, and something that is (or at least seems to be) reliable from a more reputable company (and "Made in Canada" is a bonus in my opinion).

$394 in total for the Grizzl-E is also pretty inexpensive compared to everything else I saw.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Pretty much matches my reasons. I want something faster/sturdier than a mobile charger but don't want something permanently hard wired.

You're a pretty good Grizzl-E salesman.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Pretty much matches my reasons. I want something faster/sturdier than a mobile charger but don't want something permanently hard wired.

Hopefully my expectations of the unit are met once I finally get the Mach-E and can use it!

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Wanted 40A charging, and something that is (or at least seems to be) reliable from a more reputable company (and "Made in Canada" is a bonus in my opinion).

$394 in total for the Grizzl-E is also pretty inexpensive compared to everything else I saw.
I'm lazy, can you link the Grizzl-E that you bought?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

OP
OP
Thevanin

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
This is getting off topic, but the video of them running over the Grizzl-E is a great video. The CEO/company just seems delightful.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Their website indicates that a new model is coming soon. Anyone have any inside information on when? Their website does say current models could be upgraded, which is especially interesting for a device not connected to the internet.

Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
In the Ford webinar last week, they recommended just using the mobile charger at your house. I can have a 40A plug installed in the garage for about $150. That will charge the car at around 20 miles per hour. A wall box will do 30 miles in an hour.
Is there anything else I will be missing besides the 10 miles each hour?

(I will only drive more than 30miles in a day maybe 3-5 times a year)

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Their website indicates that a new model is coming soon. Anyone have any inside information on when? Their website does say current models could be upgraded, which is especially interesting for a device not connected to the internet.
Here's a link and video to the new model which is on sale at roulezelectrique.com. They say on the Grizzl_e site that it only comes with the 24 foot premium cable which you can order the other model with anyway. From what I understand there's no tech changes except it comes with 2 connector holders, 1 for J1772 and the other one is a Tesla receiver connector. The new one is called Grizzl-E Extreme Edition , it has a military camouflage look and is warranty for 5 years instead of 3. For the rest it's basically the same has much has I can tell. :rolleyes:

https://boutique.roulezelectrique.c...table-25-pieds-nema-14-50-fabriquee-au-canada

https://grizzl-e.com/extreme-products/

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

My Grizzl E is mounted and doing fine charging my Fusion Energi faster than the 110 plug.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Prime Day Deals DA77A1E6-723C-49E4-889C-A86E4F158BF6

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Here's a link and video to the new model which is on sale at roulezelectrique.com. They say on the Grizzl_e site that it only comes with the 24 foot premium cable which you can order the other model with anyway. From what I understand there's no tech changes except it comes with 2 connector holders, 1 for J1772 and the other one is a Tesla receiver connector. The new one is called Grizzl-E Extreme Edition , it has a military camouflage look and is warranty for 5 years instead of 3. For the rest it's basically the same has much has I can tell. :rolleyes:
I ordered and have received the Extreme Edition. The real difference that mattered to me (because I am installing it outside) is the fact it includes the Premium Cable which remains more flexible in extreme cold conditions (-40). You can order the regular unit with the premium cable, but the website wouldn't let me order that configuration for some reason. BTW. Amazingly fast delivery from Canada!
Sponsored