Production will probably be delayed.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
One simple request given there already are two or more threads to discuss the response to COVID-19 and related political views in the Off-Topic Lounge section (where they rightfully belong):

Could we keep comments on this thread (in the General ME Topics section) on the stated topic of how, if at all, Mach E production will be affected?
Sponsored

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Sometimes I think even the one in the Off-Topic Lounge gets to be over the top. The politics is so incessant in our society and seeps into almost everything.

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
One simple request given there already are two or more threads to discuss the response to COVID-19 and related political views in the Off-Topic Lounge section (where they rightfully belong):

Could we keep comments on this thread (in the General ME Topics section) on the stated topic of how, if at all, Mach E production will be affected?
While I certainly want to avoid counterproductive political bickering, the main reason for any production delay right now is the coronavirus. I'm fine with moving this discussion to whatever area you want, but there isn't much discussion to be had under this thread that doesn't include Covid-19.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
While I certainly want to avoid counterproductive political bickering, the main reason for any production delay right now is the coronavirus. I'm fine with moving this discussion to whatever area you want, but there isn't much discussion to be had under this thread that doesn't include Covid-19.
I didn't propose that we don't discuss how COVID-19 affects production. Quite the opposite, I believe that's clearly what this thread intended to address.
My concern is that, like the off-topic threads, this is deteriorating into pages of arguing over whether past decisions where appropriate and politics behind them. I'm not trying to keep those interested in having that discussion from having it -- there already are a couple of threads dedicated to that. However, I do think that this would be best served to focus on the stated topic for readers who want to see how others think production of the Mach E will be affected.

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I didn't propose that we don't discuss how COVID-19 affects production. Quite the opposite, I believe that's clearly what this thread intended to address.
My concern is that, like the off-topic threads, this is deteriorating into pages of arguing over whether past decisions where appropriate and politics behind them. I'm not trying to keep those interested in having that discussion from having it -- there already are a couple of threads dedicated to that. However, I do think that this would be best served to focus on the stated topic for readers who want to see how others think production of the Mach E will be affected.
Well please start posting new news about the Production. We all are greatly
interested in that topic. We will all respond. Truthfully there is NO NEWS about
Mach E !! Ford is letting us all down. 50K reservations at $ 500.00 Ford is happy.
Please post anything new we do not already know. This VIRUS will affect everyone
in one way or another. It will get worst as people do not listen to warnings and
THE DAMN RULES to stay put. This will not slow down as people do whatever
they want to because "It won't infect me "

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well please start posting new news about the Production. We all are greatly
interested in that topic. We will all respond. Truthfully there is NO NEWS about
Mach E !! Ford is letting us all down. 50K reservations at $ 500.00 Ford is happy.
Please post anything new we do not already know. This VIRUS will affect everyone
in one way or another. It will get worst as people do not listen to warnings and
THE DAMN RULES to stay put. This will not slow down as people do whatever
they want to because "It won't infect me "
We all agree this is a very important topic. I actually appreciated when you created an Off-Topic thread to foster discussion on that topic even before it directly tied in to specific Mach E topics. Thanks for doing that.
However, my suggestion was to keep discussions about personal actions to prevent spread, concerns about NY quarantine, and political discussions to threads like the forum you created. Instead, now I see no fewer than four threads at least (yours, another about the impact of COVID, this one about production, another about plants open on April 6) with the same off-topic discussions.
That's all I was asking and will say on it. Clearly you don't agree... but that's the beauty of the internet.
Sponsored