Random courtesy light activation (with pony)

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
I have a security camera in the garage and see my Mach-E light up the courtesy lights, usually twice a night, in the early morning hours before anyone is up and about. They go out quickly and the interior infrared lights start pulsing. Fob and phones are far away, light up seems to be random.

Anyone else?
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There was another thread where someone had the same issue of random IR lights from the eye monitor coming on and the puddle lights popping on in the middle of the night. That person also had video monitoring in their garage.

OP
OP
me-stang

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
There was another thread where someone had the same issue of random IR lights from the eye monitor coming on and the puddle lights popping on in the middle of the night. That person also had video monitoring in their garage.
I saw one mentioning the IR lights - consensus was that it was the security system (motion detector) I think his car was outside though - I'll search more for the one you mentioned.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
What you are seeing is the observer effect. If you would give the ponies some privacy while they sleep at night they wouldn’t develop these nervous tics.
Sponsored