tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Just formerly refused mine as well. If those seals were good when they left the factory, then they have shrunk so badly in the couple months that it was in transit and waiting that its kind of scary. Sure I could probably buy it, lemon it in a few months and have a free car, but that's not my style.

I do believe these seals are going to cause water ingress, and probably contribute to the noise. Usually this is something that requires the factory to fix, but maybe Ford will be able to have dealers replace the seal, but that means removing the roof (would think they would be glued at some point) and well I just don't know. Ordered in June.

But I'm really pumped about an EV now and I really do like pano roofs (my Audis have them (but they can be removed with bolts, so fairly easy to replace a seal there if needed)

I'm sticking around as I'm really curious on the fix.
Sponsored

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
We are happy customers. Accepted delivery on 3/25 of my Premium Rapid Red (everyone loves the color) 2WD Extended range. Built week of February 14. Roof is aligned and provides a great view. Other than the low speed pedestrian sound (in the manual) no buzz. The FordPass app and my IPhone required some repeated app restarts on my phone but it now works fine. Connected the Wifi to the home Network no issues.

I find the build quality to be very good. Better only slightly then my departed F150 King Ranch and on par with my Mustang EcoBoost convertible and a damn site better then the Teslas in my neighborhood. Only issue's so far was a one time event a somewhat non descript HEV-Hazard requesting I pull over and stop. Per the dealer it was likely a known issue with the 12 volt battery. Shut down and restarted the car 3 times and it cleared and has not been back. The one thing I wonder about is I had placed the car in whisper mode. On the 3rd restart I placed the car in Engaged mode and have not seen the issue since. No idea if the dive mode is related.
The HEV fault has not returned and the Mach-E is performing as expected.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
An update to my saga... I went ahead and reserved a standard GT then eventually converted to an official order in late April. My same dealer accepted again and they contacted Dearborn rep about my choice. I may get a little more *priority* on my GT build since this minor fiasco was brought to corporate's attention. I still want a MME! I haven't lost interest at all... just hope the quality holds up on the line!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I hope you don't have to wait in the queue with the rest of us with high reservation numbers and get something in the first batch or two. Also hoping your GT is free of problems or issues.

OP
OP
RedStormREHS

RedStormREHS

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camry Hybrid / Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Health Inspector
Country flag
Another update to my saga... My 2nd order (for a standard GT) is currently under "Production" and I have an official window sticker! It was scheduled for week of 7/11/21. I just hope no delays or quality gaffes like last time! This thing better rock! Ford is making good by getting my 2nd MME order out fast!

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Just formerly refused mine as well. If those seals were good when they left the factory, then they have shrunk so badly in the couple months that it was in transit and waiting that its kind of scary. Sure I could probably buy it, lemon it in a few months and have a free car, but that's not my style.

I do believe these seals are going to cause water ingress, and probably contribute to the noise. Usually this is something that requires the factory to fix, but maybe Ford will be able to have dealers replace the seal, but that means removing the roof (would think they would be glued at some point) and well I just don't know. Ordered in June.

But I'm really pumped about an EV now and I really do like pano roofs (my Audis have them (but they can be removed with bolts, so fairly easy to replace a seal there if needed)

I'm sticking around as I'm really curious on the fix.
How exactly do you think lemon laws work?
Sponsored