Ride quality - bounciness - CA Rt1 vs Premium

shankz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonata, CA Rt1 (reserved)
Hi,

I have a CA Rte1 AWD on order, ordered it in Dec 2021.
Dumb me saw all the review videos and heard all the great things they said about the car and booked it without test driving it (well, also I didn't find one to test drive in the dealership nearby)

Later in January, I got to test drive Premium AWDs in two different dealerships (50+ miles away from home) and I felt the ride was too bouncy for me. No dealership here has a CA Rte1 for test drive, so I havent felt how good the 18" tyres are, compared to the 19" ones in the Premium.

Whoever has driven the two cars, or if you have switched to 18" tyres on your premium, please tell me if CA Rte1 will be better compared to Premium.

(I test drove an Ioniq5 and really liked the comfortable drive, but all the dealers are marking up the car like crazy and I am not ready to pay that)
Sponsored

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
See if you can find a Select to test drive. It will be the same as the route 1. I have found the 18” tires and wheels ride with less bounce than the 19” premiums.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How about smoothness (less jarring). The bounce is rarely an issue on my roads, but the rough jarring is. How much smoother (if any) are the 18" wheels with the taller sidewalls?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
If you're still on the market, I have a premium AWD extended battery and bought a st of CR1 wheels. In my subjective opinion it's smoother. If you want you can always buy a set of CR1 wheels as I did. I am about to install the Steeda anti roll bars I hear the bushings are much less binding and make the car less jarring .

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
If you're still on the market, I have a premium AWD extended battery and bought a st of CR1 wheels. In my subjective opinion it's smoother. If you want you can always buy a set of CR1 wheels as I did. I am about to install the Steeda anti roll bars I hear the bushings are much less binding and make the car less jarring .
Where did you find a set of 18" CR1 wheels? I'd be interested in doing that once the oem tires wear out. 18" wheels could also improve range. Have you found that to be the case?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I bought them on eBay. There have seen a few sets listed in the member marketplace of this forum. Yes, I have seen an increase in range during the summer the car would get 3.3 to 3.4 miles per kwh at 75mph with my 19" 2.7 to 3.1 at highway speed. Attached is a picture of the car with CR1 wheels black center caps and black lug nuts
If you dive mostly city probably not much of a difference in range.
PXL_20220726_232847535(1).jpg

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I bought them on eBay. There have seen a few sets listed in the member marketplace of this forum. Yes, I have seen an increase in range during the summer the car would get 3.3 to 3.4 miles per kwh at 75mph with my 19" 2.7 to 3.1 at highway speed. Attached is a picture of the car with CR1 wheels black center caps and black lug nuts
If you dive mostly city probably not much of a difference in range.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ride quality - bounciness - CA Rt1 vs Premium PXL_20220726_232847535(1)
Wow, that's a 10-20% increase in efficiency. Thanks!