OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
It is nice to see them side-by-side. Gives a much better instant view of what the similarities vs. differences are.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
This is the first time I've seen them side by side. Really surprise that the CT looks the smallest out of the 3. I always assume that it was a lot bigger.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
This is the first time I've seen them side by side. Really surprise that the CT looks the smallest out of the 3. I always assume that it was a lot bigger.
The CT was shrunk in all dimensions from its original proportions. I think Elon discussed this with Sandy Munro. I can't remember exactly the proportion, but I thought the reduction in size was 5 - 6% from the original prototype

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
The CT was shrunk in all dimensions from its original proportions. I think Elon discussed this with Sandy Munro. I can't remember exactly the proportion, but I thought the reduction in size was 5 - 6% from the original prototype
Yeah, but still. All the current videos and pictures of the CT make it look a lot bigger. I thought it was going to be as bigger than the Rivian which looks like a compact truck compared to the F150.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
It was a good summary, watching it reminded me of one of the killer CT features (for me) which is the 50 Amp connection. Our house is already wired with a 50 amp inlet and it works with our standby generator which we thankfully haven't needed a ton. Our PowerBoost F-150 has the 7.2kW onboard, which is plenty in pure kW terms, but has the 30 amp twist lock. I wouldn't hate having a 50 amp onboard since I already have the cable and everything, and wouldn't need to drag out the standby for short term outages.

I know the F-150 Lightning has the capability through the 100 amp station and all that, but unless things changed it seemed the actual install/set up to make that work was not fun or cheap. With the CT I could, conceivably, just hook in to the connection I already have.

Not enough to get over the negatives of the CT over the others, but I like this power-in-the-bed arms race between the manufacturers. I didn't realize the Rivian cab was considered so tight either, in my mind from all the videos I have seen it always seemed bigger.

It's nice to see the Lightning holding up so well still in comparisons. I worried it would get overshadowed quick since it was something of a frankentruck from the ICE version.
Sponsored