KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
The fingerprints all over the screen is going to drive me insane. I hope there's an aftermarket protecter we can apply, similar to what's available for Teslas.
I keep a nice cloth in my cars to keep the screens clean. I think even though there may be a screen protector available it may still show finger prints or dust.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Do not discount regenerative braking. On our Chevy Bolt, the ONLY time I used the brakes was in a panic type stop as if some idiot pulled out in front of me. The Regen was quite strong. My present Leaf SL Plus does not have as good regenerative braking as the Bolt did and I do find myself occasionally having to use the brakes....not often though. I doubt you will have too many repetitive braking scenarios in a short period of time unless you like to ride someone's ass down the road.
My Fusion is the fourth hybrid I've owned and I have never had to replace the brakes on any of them, even the Honda Civic Hybrid I put over 125K miles on. It really does make a difference.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I keep a nice cloth in my cars to keep the screens clean. I think even though there may be a screen protector available it may still show finger prints or dust.
Every screen no matter how small the volume ends up with screen protectors being sold for them. I am sure this will too. Not sure I want one though... It would depend on material (glass or plastic) and reflectivity.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Every screen no matter how small the volume ends up with screen protectors being sold for them. I am sure this will too. Not sure I want one though... It would depend on material (glass or plastic) and reflectivity.
Between the leaked JD Powers info (loved the screen viewing and lack of fingerprints) and tonight's webinar, I don't think you'll want a screen protector to deal with fingerprints and glare. Scratches are another matter.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
So I guess we now know the brakes on the Mach are actually outstanding and out perform the Model Y in both stopping distance and brake feel, or “trounces the Tesla” if you want to use Motor Trends words.

"Good bite and great feel from the brakes and tires," was how Ayapana described the Mach-E's braking performance. "The nose dips a little, but not like some other SUVs. Fairly consistent results, with negligible fade after four runs from 60 mph. In order: 110, 109, 111, 114 feet." Compared to the Model Y's numb pedal and 118-foot best stop from 60 mph, the Ford trounces the Tesla when feet matter.

Motor Trend
According to the pricing at the bottom of the article, it looks like they paid the additional $2k to Tesla for the power boost. Wonder how that would have all worked with out that?

OP
OP
Billyk24

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
So I guess we now know the brakes on the Mach are actually outstanding and out perform the Model Y in both stopping distance and brake feel, or “trounces the Tesla” if you want to use Motor Trends words.

"Good bite and great feel from the brakes and tires," was how Ayapana described the Mach-E's braking performance. "The nose dips a little, but not like some other SUVs. Fairly consistent results, with negligible fade after four runs from 60 mph. In order: 110, 109, 111, 114 feet." Compared to the Model Y's numb pedal and 118-foot best stop from 60 mph, the Ford trounces the Tesla when feet matter.

Motor Trend
Earlier in the year, we were "schooled" by a Tesla owner on how poor the Mach E would brake with such tiny rotors. Motor Trend provided detailed information countering such stuff from Tesla owners.
Sponsored