Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
Country flag
  • Banned
Hi everyone,

I've dug through the manuals for the MME and couldn't find an equivalent Sentry mode/Dashcam mode that Tesla's have. I'm just curious if this is something I've missed in the manuals as I haven't seen it covered in reviews. Maybe an OTA upgrade?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You haven't missed anything. It's not there. Could come in a future OTA update, but there has been no confirmation of that.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So am I the only one that gets prompted "Do you want to turn off motion sensors?" when exiting the car? To be clear, I know it's not fully Sentry Mode, but a lot of the pieces are already in place.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So am I the only one that gets prompted "Do you want to turn off motion sensors?" when exiting the car? To be clear, I know it's not fully Sentry Mode, but a lot of the pieces are already in place.
That's the internal motion sensors. You can set that to always on or always off so it stops prompting you.

Trede

First Name
Trede
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It does appear the tech. is there, cameras, etc. Since it has 360 degree for parking. it might just be a matter of an OTA that allows a USB stick plugged in to do the recording for you...
This. Just give it time. They would be really stupid not to take advantage of having all the hardware there, but I get that there are other/higher priorities at the moment.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, the cameras are there. Ford would have to decide that they want to add the feature and then add it. It could happen, but hasn't been confirmed. If I had to guess, I would say that if it happens, it won't be any time soon. Bigger fish to fry.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Yes, the cameras are there. Ford would have to decide that they want to add the feature and then add it. It could happen, but hasn't been confirmed. If I had to guess, I would say that if it happens, it won't be any time soon. Bigger fish to fry.
Sort of. The cameras on the sides point more down than out. Still would have value from the front and rear at least.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That's the internal motion sensors. You can set that to always on or always off so it stops prompting you.
Have you had luck with this setting sticking? This is the one setting that repeatedly resets itself on me. I've tried change profiles, using the 1/2/3 door number to try and refresh my profile, removing profiles entirely, and I can't get the settings to stay the way I want them.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you had luck with this setting sticking? This is the one setting that repeatedly resets itself on me. I've tried change profiles, using the 1/2/3 door number to try and refresh my profile, removing profiles entirely, and I can't get the settings to stay the way I want them.
I don't have my car yet, but there seems to be a lot of evidence of all kinds of settings not sticking, so this is likely one of them.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Ah, my bad. This is probably my 2nd biggest gripe (first being driver screen buzz). My alarm seems pretty sensitive, so whenever I go into my garage I'm scared I'm going to upset the car and the alarm is going to go off.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
After fixing Plug&Charge and fixing cold weather DC Fast Charge performance, this is the other "huge" miss that I do hope Ford is working on.

The fact that they offer a physical (ugly, IMO) dashcam as an accessory for Mach-E has me wondering if they would rather sell you an accessory than give away an update... but if Ford is watching - I would GLADLY pay for a "Dashcam Update" as part of an OTA.

If they can charge us $600 to turn on hands-free driving OTA - which seems A LOT HARDER to actually do than simply enabling USB write access for the cameras that are already there - then they can charge me $100 to turn on the dashcam.

All the hardware is there... they just have to do some programming. I hope they do. I'd pay for it, I think a lot of us would.
Sponsored