CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (job 2)
Country flag
Bought my Mach-E today and had a great experience with Dwayne Lane Skagit Ford in Burlington, WA. I took over someone else's order and I paid a $5K ADM which they were super upfront about. After that everything was extremely straight forward. They didn't pressure me into buying anything at the dealership. When I told them I had a vacation planned during the delivery window they said if it arrived while I was gone they could hold onto it for me. Just all in all very easy to work with and I would recommend them. My sales rep Rubi was great.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Bought my Mach-E today and had a great experience with Dwayne Lane Skagit Ford in Burlington, WA. I took over someone else's order and I paid a $5K ADM which they were super upfront about. After that everything was extremely straight forward. They didn't pressure me into buying anything at the dealership. When I told them I had a vacation planned during the delivery window they said if it arrived while I was gone they could hold onto it for me. Just all in all very easy to work with and I would recommend them. My sales rep Rubi was great.
It didn’t come in yet?? They know it’s actually coming?

goose123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium Ex RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
A better title would be: "Dwayne Lane Skagit Ford charges ADM, avoid them, scummy dealers"

OP
OP

CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A better title would be: "Dwayne Lane Skagit Ford charges ADM, avoid them, scummy dealers"
How is charging an ADM scummy?

The Black Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select Mach E+Comfort and Tech, 2015 Mini Cooper
Country flag
Shout out to Schultz Ford in Nanuet, NY - I bought a 2021 Select with Comfort and Technology package. No ADM, extremely straightforward, when I went to pick up the car I was ready for war .... no war was needed.

I was in and out within an hour. Thats how you F'n do it!!!

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
By paying ADM you are giving them free money. Anyone will be nice to you for free money 😁

OP
OP

CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By paying ADM you are giving them free money. Anyone will be nice to you for free money 😁
Maybe I should have clarified that I took over a canceled order. Does that change things? I might agree with you if I was placing a new order but only because there are so many dealers that will process a new order without an ADM that there's no need to pay it. Buying a canceled order, on the other hand, almost everyone charges an ADM. Either way it's what the market will bear and there's nothing underhanded about it.

To me scummy would be the dealers who refuse to honor an agreed to financing rate, or charge a $500+ documentation fee, or pressure you to buy a bunch of add-ons, or compel you into accepting a low offer on a trade-in etc.

minders

First Name
Mindee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD ER Space White, 21 Model 3 LR
Occupation
Housewife & Student
Country flag
Maybe I should have clarified that I took over a canceled order. Does that change things? I might agree with you if I was placing a new order but only because there are so many dealers that will process a new order without an ADM that there's no need to pay it. Buying a canceled order, on the other hand, almost everyone charges an ADM. Either way it's what the market will bear and there's nothing underhanded about it.

To me scummy would be the dealers who refuse to honor an agreed to financing rate, or charge a $500+ documentation fee, or pressure you to buy a bunch of add-ons, or compel you into accepting a low offer on a trade-in etc.
Change things? Nope. I took over an abandoned order that finally showed up on Saturday and had zero ADM, took X-plan, no upsell on warranty, no add-ons, and no shenanigans. Agree with @shanky2008 and @MachKet here. Shout out to Mike Fitzpatrick Ford in Newnan, GA. ;)

Congrats on your new MME, tho! You're gonna love it!!

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag

You were able to buy an MME in this insane market, for a price you are happy with. Now you get to enjoy arguably the best looking EV on the road today. You win!

OP
OP

CarpeCarne

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You were able to buy an MME in this insane market, for a price you are happy with. Now you get to enjoy arguably the best looking EV on the road today. You win!
For me it was a no-brainer. I avoided the 2023 price increase and I won't qualify for the tax incentive in 2023 so even after the ADM I saved about 10K. But in general I see things as you stated. Product purchased at a mutually agreeable price is a win.

ESP22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on MachE
Country flag
For me it was a no-brainer. I avoided the 2023 price increase and I won't qualify for the tax incentive in 2023 so even after the ADM I saved about 10K. But in general I see things as you stated. Product purchased at a mutually agreeable price is a win.
Yup, this is the answer. I don't get the "don't pay ADM" crowd. Different markets, different experiences. I was searching for 7+ months in the Seattle/Oregon area. In contact with every dealer within 500 miles - one dealer would do MSRP on cancelled orders and all the rest charged ADM, which until recently was $10k minimum. Any car listed at $5k over was selling within hours/day. So, unfortunately for some people buying cancelled order there was no other option than to pay the markup!

I'm in the same boat as CarpeCarne. 2023 increase + loss of $7,500 credit > a $4-5k markup.

In the end - we're all happy and get to drive a fun car.
Sponsored