TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are 2 dealers on this very site that are part of the problem. One is offering a Gt with 1300 miles on it for $75000.Its been on his lot for 200+ days . The other when called out for the inflated MSRP said he didn't know anything bout the MSRP price drops and gosh golly'd his way into saying "tell me more ".
Had a dealer on the news during covid actually telling the viewers we should THANK him for the gouging (market adjustment fees ) because if he couldn't do it we peasants wouldn't have a place to buy cars because he'd be outta business.
Pick a different dealer. There's lots of them.

Here's the most expensive brand-new 2023 Mach-E (GT Performance) at my dealer...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slowest Selling EV In US - Mach E Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-19T18-18-06.653Z
Sponsored

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Pick a different dealer. There's lots of them.

Here's the most expensive brand-new 2023 Mach-E (GT Performance) at my dealer...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Slowest Selling EV In US - Mach E Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-19T18-18-06.653Z
Sadly that price barely exceeds the lost $7500 tax credit and with used prices tanking so quickly it just isn’t going to get it done.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sadly that price barely exceeds the lost $7500 tax credit and with used prices tanking so quickly it just isn’t going to get it done.
Yes, that's what I've been saying about the feds jacking the tax credits around having killed Mach-E demand. They're losing money with these discounts. They're not anxious to drop them even further to lose even more money. But at some point dealers will have to get them all to move. Until then, they'll slowly sell a few here and there to people that either *really* want one, or don't know the market well.

I'm almost surprised Ford is still making any at the plant. I expected to hear of production pauses or shift cuts by now, like we've seen for the Lightning. They're both great vehicles, but they just cost too much to make.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, that's what I've been saying about the feds jacking the tax credits around having killed Mach-E demand. They're losing money with these discounts. They're not anxious to drop them even further to lose even more money. But at some point dealers will have to get them all to move. Until then, they'll slowly sell a few here and there to people that either *really* want one, or don't know the market well.

I'm almost surprised Ford is still making any at the plant. I expected to hear of production pauses or shift cuts by now, like we've seen for the Lightning. They're both great vehicles, but they just cost too much to make.
I’m with you on slowing down production but have heard nothing so far. I honestly worry about Ford’s bottom line when there is a years worth of Mach E’s on lots already!

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m with you on slowing down production but have heard nothing so far. I honestly worry about Ford’s bottom line when there is a years worth of Mach E’s on lots already!
Only think I saw was that Nov production was down 27% from Oct production.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/12/ford-mustang-mach-e-production-decreased-in-november-2023/

Model E is certainly a drag on Ford's bottom line, but it's still a small% of their operations. Their ICE and Pro (commercial) operations are most of the company and they're still doing well.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
According to caredge.com the Ford Mach E is now the slowest selling EV in US and 3rd slowest selling vehicle of any kind with a 362 market day supply on dealer lots. Ford needs to get off their rear end and start heavily discounting to incintivize purchasers.
Inventory days are not the best metric for slow sales. It's an indicator, for sure, but the Mach-E remains among the better-selling EVs in North America.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Inventory days are not the best metric for slow sales. It's an indicator, for sure, but the Mach-E remains among the better-selling EVs in North America.
Tabulate it as you wish but, if I was a dealer the last thing I would want is a 362 market day supply of Mach E's! :cool:
Sponsored