Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Yes, more evidence your 12V battery is low or draining. Deep sleep normally shouldn't occur unless your car has been sitting for two weeks, but if the 12V battery drops below 50% SoC it will enter that mode.
Could he force a 12V charge by disabling the 30 minute auto-off timer, leave the car on, and let it sit? Perhaps do that every few days? Either that, or charge at home more often?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Could he force a 12V charge by disabling the 30 minute auto-off timer, leave the car on, and let it sit? Perhaps do that every few days? Either that, or charge at home more often?
It should automatically recharge in the next 48 hours (he will get a service 12V battery message then). Leaving on with the shutdown timer disabled for several hours will also recharge it. Since he doesn’t drive much, charging more often may not help much since it will likely finish charging in only a couple minutes (not enough time to charge 12V). The 12V stops charging when the HVB is done charging.

People that only ever drive a couple miles at a time can have 12V battery issues with Fords, that’s just sort of a limitation with the efficient BMS system they use. Personally I think the system could be a bit more proactive about recharging the 12V sooner before deep sleep is reached. As long as the HVB is >15% it should have plenty of energy to keep the 12V topped off.

hedgehog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select RWD
The problem came back. It seems to happen whenever the car is not started for 2-3 days, so always when I'm away on trips. I called the closest dealer. The service person told me that it has to happen while they have the car in order to diagnose the problem despite what I told them about the door control module. Anyone has any recommendation about NorCal Bay Area dealer that have a more knowledgeable service department?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
The problem came back. It seems to happen whenever the car is not started for 2-3 days, so always when I'm away on trips. I called the closest dealer. The service person told me that it has to happen while they have the car in order to diagnose the problem despite what I told them about the door control module. Anyone has any recommendation about NorCal Bay Area dealer that have a more knowledgeable service department?
Hey! I can take a closer look into your alarm concerns. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?
Sponsored