Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
Whether BC Hands-Free is enabled or not, the eyeball sensor is now live 100% of the time, correct? So a weight that applies a bit of torque to fool the overly-sensitive hand nanny doesn’t seem to make anything material unsafer. The eyeball sensor remains active and you’ve got to watch the road regardless.

Likewise the BC Hands-Free doesn’t have any better Lane Centering than BC Hands-On.

Am I wrong? Seriously, if you disagree let me know why. But I would appreciate a rational discussion and not merely online virtue signaling.

The question: how is driving BC Hands-Free safer than driving BC Hands-On with a torque weight?
Your not taking into account the GPS feature of BC. When the vehicle approaches a “confusing” section of highway (e.g., left lane on/off ramp, tight curve, splitting highway, etc), it will notify the driver to take the wheel and disengage. This will not happen otherwise and as others have said, the vehicle will move lanes into a multitude of bad situations. Also, I have found that BC is proactive and predictive, where lane centering is reactive. Meaning that BC tries to keep you in the center of the lane because the car knows your hands are off the wheel. Lane centering responses to you moving into the other lane and tried to nudge you back. This creates a ping pong effect of either “bouncing” off the left/right line or moving across the lane to the other line. My BC must be well calibrated because my GTPE never “ping-pongs” in the lane like others have commented about. But LC alone will do that.

Oh, and I want to also add that the weight is a REALLY bad idea. This is the same as trying to defeat any other safety device like two hand grip on your hedge trimmers or a safety guard. Never ends well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
As someone who lives outside the americas and probably never will have bluecruise, you just have to adjust.
For longer drives I always use an ID card lanyard similar to the one in the picture around my left leg and into the left side of the steering wheel. Just giving the wheel a little weight to the left constantly, which can be adjusted by bending or straightening the leg. The little latch is loose enough that you can grab the wheel and steer if needed, and it will break loose.
As long as the road is a highway with clear markings, you can drive hands free for long periods.

1660296200774.png
WTF?? 😳

And if you actually have to turn, do you have to unclip your leg first?

I get the feeling if you got Bluecruise, you would draw eyes on your eyelids so you can take a nap……

Here are some stickers for you:
https://thingstobuy.net/fake-awake-sleeping-eye-stickers/
Ford Mustang Mach-E Steering counterweight? A898E5DD-6FFF-49AB-8DA3-EADD2F666ABA

Nugatti

First Name
Aleksander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
WTF?? 😳

And if you actually have to turn, do you have to unclip your leg first?
No

The little latch is loose enough that you can grab the wheel and steer if needed, and it will break loose.
I'm thinking, instead of your suggestion, perhaps one can trick the car into giving blue cruise, by putting on one of these :

captain-america-craft-pin-image.jpg
Sponsored