Strange times......

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Who would think a few years ago that in future when you are buying a new car once you left the dealership your car GAINS 15 % ?
Sponsored

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
Who would think a few years ago that in future when you are buying a new car once you left the dealership your car GAINS 15 % ?
Seriously! I just sold my Mazda 3 to Carmax when I got my MME and they wrote a check for $10,700 for a 7-year-old car with 70k miles that retailed for under $20k.

EDIT: Dealer only offered $6k as a trade, way below KBB. I did the Carmax online quote while sitting in his office and they gave me exactly the quoted amount.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The insurance company appraised my trashed nissan leaf $1000 higher then I bought it in 2017

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Today I sold my 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid, with 3000 miles on it that I purchased new 5 months ago, for $1670 over MSRP. I paid less than MSRP for it, so I actually made money on it after TTL. Hell, I probably still made money after insurance and gas (yay hybrid!).

The only car I have ever made money on!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Today I sold my 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid, purchased 5 months ago with 3000 miles on it, for $1670 over MSRP. I paid less than MSRP for it, so I actually made money on it after TTL. Hell, I probably still made money after insurance and gas (yay hybrid!).

The only car I have ever made money on!
wow! why did you sell it?

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
wow! why did you sell it?
My MME is 'predicted' to arrive at the dealer in 7-10 days. I can mooch rides with my wife and that gives time for the check to clear into my account.

There's a Chevy dealer here in Austin who will buy your car for $500 more than your Carmax offer and Carmax gave me the highest offer (tried Vroom, Carvana, Givemethevin also).

I'm still disbelieving the whole thing. ?

Valkyrja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GTPE, Star White
Occupation
I hack things
Country flag
Difference between purchase and sale price of my '14 2LT Camaro was about $9K at the end. Ended up with about $16K when CarMax bought her. I could have sold her privately for another $5K but did not want to be bothered since I had a ton of stuff going on at the time.

I am waiting for the first time the dealer reaches out to try and purchase the GTPE back. :D

OP
OP
Rt1AWD

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I'm using my 2003 cars now.......... They are great...... I'm fine with them....... just want something newer

MachLee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
We just got a trade-in appraisal for our 2016 convertible Mustang we bought used 3 years ago… it’s about $1,000 more than we paid. Not likely to actually get that much when our Mach E arrives in a few weeks, but still… Crazy times indeed ?
Sponsored