Evermore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I like these suggestions! One thing to note about the first one ("send trip details to phone") is that it would require some sort of connection other than USB to send the data or it would require some sort of client/server setup between the car and the phone. Any other design would expose Ford to privacy risk and is probably why they had this in-the-car only. Imagine if some could hack into Ford's servers and access everyone's trip data. Yikes! Even if they only use the servers as temporary storage, there's still the chance that the user can see whatever data is in transit or worse yet, have an undetected intrusion that is cloning data as it's being uploaded to the server. Very tricky business and I'm sure Ford doesn't want to open itself to such a high-risk security breach. It would be really bad PR.
yeah, I can totally see this if they use the cloud. However, there are a lot of closed systems with this car... my phone is connected via Bluetooth for PAAK, so beam it over as soon as I hit the off button. Bluetooth is secure and more or less a 1:1 relationship. Or if my phone and the car are connected to same wifi send it over. Or lock down the cloud. :)

I don’t plug in via USB (using a plug for the phone w all the stuff in this car - Qi charger, Bluetooth, CarPlay/AndroidAuto is really backwards thinking on Fords part) and I use CarPlay so don’t connect to the Bluetooth system that is required for Journeys..... as mentioned in another thread, this starts to point to why Tesla doesn’t allow Android or CarPlay - the systems don’t talk to the cars’ systems and just add frustrations for the customers. (You can have Journeys, but just remember to not use CarPlay which we offer and also encourage as an option for you to use! Thanks!! :) :) :) )
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now that google fixed android auto (fix came out a couple of days ago), it seems to work really well. Haven't had a change to play with everything, but the apps seem to work really well.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Here is an example of Ford Pass issues.. this image was screen captured today Feb 27. Home charger plugged in an hour ago.

it shows current charge correctly at 90 percent but you will notice it says unplugged ... it’s actually plugged. Worse it says will complete charge on Feb 02 .... 25 days ago. My car was on its way to KC on that date. I see that a few times and I know the screen is showing garbage . and it shows a plugged in time in the bottom which is wrong. But not plugged status up above also incorrect. So not sure where FordPass is getting this info. Hope they fix this ... especially with Ford Pass hogging 40% battery power this is not great.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford 19721CA3-6864-4B8C-9566-6EDB250E624D

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
May be this has been already posted but would like to ask for a Charge Now button upfront. Often FordPass is disconnected and if I change my plans and want to charge now instead of schedule... to reconnect the disconnect I need to usually start the car via Ford pass snd if rages a couple of attempts and then the charge tab refreshes and then I need to change the charge schedule to now... too many key presses and tabs.... would like it upfront along with the start stop buttons .

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
May be this has been already posted but would like to ask for a Charge Now button upfront. Often FordPass is disconnected and if I change my plans and want to charge now instead of schedule... to reconnect the disconnect I need to usually start the car via Ford pass snd if rages a couple of attempts and then the charge tab refreshes and then I need to change the charge schedule to now... too many key presses and tabs.... would like it upfront along with the start stop buttons .
Totally agree. There should also be a pop-up window that comes up on the car screen any time you plug in outside of the charge schedule, asking if you want a temporary override of the schedule (and to stop at what %). The default would be NO (don't override), so no response simply stays on schedule.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Totally agree. There should also be a pop-up window that comes up on the car screen any time you plug in outside of the charge schedule, asking if you want a temporary override of the schedule (and to stop at what %). The default would be NO (don't override), so no response simply stays on schedule.
Yup ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Now that google fixed android auto (fix came out a couple of days ago), it seems to work really well. Haven't had a change to play with everything, but the apps seem to work really well.
Also confirmed this morning that "next turn" directions from Waze are displayed on the driver display over AA.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Anyone still getting phantom message notifications? I keep seeing a notification for 2 messages but there aren't any unread ones. Even deleted all the messages and logged out/in and still got it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Submit Your FordPass App Feedback to Ford 19721CA3-6864-4B8C-9566-6EDB250E624D
My phantom message went away yesterday

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Here is an example of Ford Pass issues.. this image was screen captured today Feb 27. Home charger plugged in an hour ago.

it shows current charge correctly at 90 percent but you will notice it says unplugged ... it’s actually plugged. Worse it says will complete charge on Feb 02 .... 25 days ago. My car was on its way to KC on that date. I see that a few times and I know the screen is showing garbage . and it shows a plugged in time in the bottom which is wrong. But not plugged status up above also incorrect. So not sure where FordPass is getting this info. Hope they fix this ... especially with Ford Pass hogging 40% battery power this is not great.

Same issue. I have tried refreshing and still says unplugged. Last night I let it be to see if it would start charging and precondition at my set time of 8:05 AM. No go. Nothing happened. I was close enough to the car the Bluetooth was connected and yet it wasn’t opening the doors were flashing the lights. The only way to get it to show is plugged in what’s the walk up to the car have it recognize the phone as a key and then when I refresh the screen it would show that it was plugged in. Plus it showed it would not get up to temperature until tomorrow morning.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Issue with trip details and charging details. Echo the sentiments of wanting to see trip details in the phone app as opposed to journeys whenever that becomes available. For the charging details, it appears that it does not update until you unplug the vehicle. My last charge is reported from two days ago adding 20% to get it to 100% before a day long journey. We returned from that trip and I plugged it in and it brought it back up to the 80% desired level in about three hours.This information is not reflected in the charging history. I would like to know how much you charged and how many miles I had traveled by using the app but at this point that’s not possible.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Feature request: on demand charging at home to 100% or another selected level, without having to override current charge times. Ie. I will be taking a long trip on Tuesday morning and would like to charge the battery to 100% before we leave. Currently on Monday evening, I need to change my charging times and percentage level. I would really like on Monday evening to press a button for one time charge 100% only interrupting the next charge scheduled

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I would suggest an additional setting for departure times. Right now they only take effect if plugged in, but that prevents me from automatically warming/cooling my car at work where there are no chargers. Having a setting to allow the departure time to take effect without AC power would help prevent that; default it to "AC only" and make me click an "are you sure" would alleviate the concern that users could unknowingly drain their batteries while the car is sitting unplugged.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Second observation - with the FOB in my pocket the trunk stayed locked when I tried to hit the liftgate button on the rear hatch. I have a RT1 so no foot release. My 2015 mustang AND my 2016 Durango both will unlock the rear door if I have the FOB in my pocket and press the door release button on the trunk/hatch. The Mach E should do the same; to open the trunk while carrying a 40 pound bag of dogfood on my shoulder I had to pull the fob out of my pocket and hit the "unlock" button.
Sponsored