Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
There are more disclaimers here than on the commercials I constantly see for prescription drugs.
You know, the ones where the people are always happy and dancing, until after the commercial when one of those side effects kicks in. ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Beta means, AKA please !@&# up so we can learn how to fix the bull crap we sell.

Thanks Signed Elon not my problem Musk.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I think that this is why in the UK this feature is all but disabled. You can go backwards and forwards in a straight line for a matter of feet and the phone must be within a certain distance of the car. In effect you're walking with the car. Perhaps as a tall thin object the car didn't "see" the pole. I think there's more to this than what the man is saying. Perhaps he was in the car and made a mistake and then is trying to blame the car hoping to get a payout from Tesla. Some people press the accelerator instead of the brake and then try to blame "unintended acceleration" for not being able to drive.

Also it looks as though he paid for the FSD package as a monthly subscription for 199.00 per month which can be cancelled at any time. I bet he won't bother renewing that!

QuRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME RWD/ER (Space White)
Country flag
After all, it is possible. ;)

The term 'hate crime' acquires a whole new appeal when you picture yourself being stuck behind this S-Class while it approaches its proud owner, traversing seven and a half levels of parking garage, at the breakneck speed of 0.75 mph (0:57 fwd.).

That 'Summon/Automated Valet Parking' feature is another one of those solutions desperately searching for a problem.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That 'Summon/Automated Valet Parking' feature is another one of those solutions desperately searching for a problem.
Truth. As is a car that can "drive itself" in a city setting. That problem is exponentially more difficult to solve than what bluecruise and supercruise are designed to do, and the payback is minimal. By definition highways are for long distance trips where drivers become tired and unfocused after hours of just driving straight ahead. Urban driving is far different, and the payback of autonomy is much lower. It's a high risk/low reward environment, and it is going to bankrupt Tesla if they aren't careful - either by lawsuits or the R&D wasted.

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Just curious.

Are Tesla owners so lazy that they can be within sight of their vehicle, but would rather stare at their phone while holding down buttons, instead of just walking up to the damn thing?

Now I am not a Luddite, if Ford puts out software that can drive a MME from its spot 3 levels up, and bring it to me, I want it. After all, it is possible. ;)

But within freaking sight???

Capture.JPG
I want to know what happens when 2 or 3 of these self-parkers encounter each other and they have to play rock-paper-scissors to see who moves out of the way first.

How long do you think it'll take to untangle that mess with a coupla tow trucks?