MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
My 23 Premium also has this problem. It looks like the 23 models are affected and long pressing has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, not really a long press - I just tested this on my 2021 - if you quick press, it opens fine. If you accidentally quickly double press (like really fast, thinking it's a single press), it holds it open just a few inches. Could be something wrong with the '23's button being too sensitive.
Sponsored

rhford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Probably the module that samples the button state needs to debounce the signal. I've also noticed often when the tailgate is fully up, the first press of the button does not do anything. The 2nd always seems to.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Probably the module that samples the button state needs to debounce the signal. I've also noticed often when the tailgate is fully up, the first press of the button does not do anything. The 2nd always seems to.
It's kind of strange that it only malfunctions when the doors are locked though.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I use PaaK and sometimes the hatch doesn't respond on the first press. So I hit it again quickly after the first press. I assumed it stopped because it registered the second press, which will stop the hatch if it is in the process of opening.

I put a hatch button in the headlight assembly and it has never happened when pressing that button. It just seems to be when I am in the rear and pressing the button multiple times to get the hatch to start moving.

DugthePug Dad

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same issue.

I did some posting and research about this in another thread and this is what I found out about opening the lift gate.

if your MME is unlocked it will open up like it should.

If it’s locked it will only open an inch or so. If this happens hit the button on your lift gate a second time and it will open fully.

I tested this method and it works.

you wouldn’t think it should be like this but that’s how to operate the lift gate on your MME.

Happy MME trails to you!

VaporTrails

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GTPE
Country flag
I can open from the settings screen every time. All the way open. When I back into the garage to the wall or stand directly behind the camera, it only opens a couple inches. A second press activates the motorized opening. I don think this is a bug, per se, but a feature to prevent it opening into something. If I am in an open parking lot, and stand to the side, one click of the trunk button opens it completely.

CuttingEdgeMedia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Graphic Design
Country flag
I just received my new Mach E a few days ago.

I’m having an issue where sometimes the tailgate button (on the back of the car) unlocks the tailgate, but it only opens an inch or two. This usually happens when the vehicle hasn’t been touched in a while.

Using the double-click on the remote always opens the back tailgate perfectly, but for some reason… using the back button sometimes only STARTS the process of opening the tailgate, leaving me to have to either push the button a SECOND time to get it open, or force it open the rest of the way manually.

I’m obviously under warranty, so I’ll wait and see if this happens frequently or if it goes away. Has anyone had this issue before?

Again, it tends to happen when the car has been sitting for a while. When I’m back there constantly opening, closing, reopening, etc. it tends to work perfectly.